January 13, 2020
Your weekly Cascade Swim Club updates
From the Office:
There is some snow on the ground and in the forecast this week. We will monitor our pools day-to-day to determine if we are able to have practice or not. City pools typically make their determination based on whether their public schools are open, on late start, or closed for the day. We will let everyone know as soon as we have been informed of a change. IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD OF A CHANGE IN THE PRACTICE SCHEDULE please assume that practice is ON for that day until further notice.
As always, we do our best to keep practices as scheduled and to update everyone if there is a change or cancellation. Assume practice is ON until it is announced otherwise, but please use good judgment regarding road conditions and personal safety during times of inclement weather—safe travel is always a priority!
Cascade Beanie Order
It’s a great time for a warm hat! Keep that Cascade spirit vibrant and cozy throughout the season with an exclusive Cascade Beanie! Here are the details:
- One beanie may be ordered per active swimmer, and our first order is limited to 180 swimmers. We want to be sure our swimmers get them first to wear to practice, meets, out & about, et al.
- Order deadline is Jan. 31, or until all 180 are sold. If there is a demand for more, we can put in another order.
- The cost is $25 per beanie and will be charged to your family account. Beanies will be distributed via pool parents.
From the Cascade Deck:
Cascade’s 9 & Unders Plow the Snowflake
Our 9 & Unders ROCKED the Snowflake Classic on Sunday with some great times, great smiles, and ZERO no-shows! Hey 9 & Unders: your #SWIMYAH is showing! Keep making those waves and moving those mountains! Cascade is proud of you!!
Washington Open This Weekend!
There is always a field full of fast swimmers at this meet and this year will be no different. The psych sheet is posted at the link below. Also, we have been assigned timing shifts to cover at KCAC. If you have a swimmer headed to the Washington Open this weekend, or would like a sweet front-row seat to watch some fast swimming while earning some workshare hours, please join us on deck and sign up to be a timer. Click here to sign up: https://www.teamunify.com/EventShow.jsp?id=1090339&team=pnscsc
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Monday, Jan. 20 is Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. We will hold practice on the Saturday schedule at Madison pool that day; Queen Anne and Evans pools will be closed.
Upcoming Meet Deadlines
Please add the following meet deadlines to your calendar and discuss any meet questions with your swimmer’s coach. Please note, some meet files are not yet ready to accept registrations:
- ISCA Showcase Travel Meet (14 & Over qualifiers only) in Mission Viejo, CA – register by Jan. 19: https://www.teamunify.com/EventShow.jsp?returnPage=%2FEventsCurrent.jsp%3Fteam%3Dpnscsc&id=1128805&team=pnscsc
- John Walker Distance Meet (coach-selected only) on Mercer Island – register by Jan. 19: https://www.teamunify.com/EventShow.jsp?returnPage=%2FEventsCurrent.jsp%3Fteam%3Dpnscsc&id=1090359&team=pnscsc
- Bluefin Invitational (13 & Over only) on Bainbridge Island – register by Jan. 26: https://www.teamunify.com/EventShow.jsp?returnPage=%2FEventsCurrent.jsp%3Fteam%3Dpnscsc&id=1090359&team=pnscsc
- Blue Heron Valentine Open (12 & Under only) in Oak Harbor
– register by Jan. 26:
Please check the team website calendar regularly for any upcoming practices schedule changes or pool closures at each pool ( https://www.teamunify.com/Calendar.jsp?_tabid_=18199&team=pnscsc). Pool closure dates are located in the Calendar tab and also in the “ Pool Closures” dropdown on the team website.
Aqua Club – On regular winter season
Ballard Pool – Closed for major improvement project, anticipated reopening not yet announced.
Evans Pool – On regular winter season schedule. No practice on Fridays in January due to high school meets.
Madison Pool – On regular winter season schedule. No practice on Fridays in January due to high school meets.
Queen Anne Pool - On regular winter season schedule. No practice on Fridays in January due to high school meets.
Rainier Beach Pool – On regular winter season schedule. No practice on Fridays in January due to high school meets.
Shoreline Pool – On regular winter season schedule.
Save The Date/Mark Your Calendar
Jan. 16-19: Washington Open (qualifiers only) at KCAC
Jan. 20: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – Saturday practice schedule at Madison; QA & Evans closed
Jan. 25-26: Winter Challenge Meet in Bellingham, WA
Feb. 1: John Walker Distance Meet (coach selected athletes only), Mercer Island
Feb. 7-9: Bluefin Invitational (13 & Over only), Bainbridge Island
Feb. 8-9: Blue Heron Valentine Open (12 & Under only), Oak Harbor
Feb. 14-17: ISCA Showcase West meet, qualifiers-only meet for 14 & Under, Mission Viejo, CA
Feb. 29-Mar. 1: February Divisionals Meet (Cascade-hosted), Madison Pool
Mar. 7-8: BBST Last Chance Meet, Snohomish Pool
Mar. 12-15: Speedo Senior Sectionals, KCAC
Mar. 19-22: Age Group Regionals, KCAC
Mar. 28-29: Spring Showdown, KCAC
Apr. 11: Cascade Sprintacular, Madison Pool