February 20, 2020
Minnows Volunteer Announcement
The Meadowbrook Woods MAKOS, a member of the Prince William Swim League, is seeking expressions of interest for Minnows Volunteers for the 2020 swim season. Ideal candidates must have a love for swimming a be a role model to younger swimmers in and out of the water.
Support our growing Minnows program and the team in developing our young swimmers! Applicants must be at least 13 years old (as of June 1, 2020,) registered as a MAKOS swimmer, and be an active member of the MAKOS Swim Team. Application deadline is May 8, 2020.
Applicants may apply by submitting an email which provides their name, phone contact information (for mobile communications during the summer,) and a description of their qualifications to: MAKOS BOD President, Eileen Rehrig at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Makos Board of Directors and Minnows Head Coach reserve the right to interview prospective candidates and determine final selections.
Minnows Volunteers are supervised by the Minnows Head Coach and have a variety of duties. Roles and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Must be available a minimum of 10 hours during the season
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all 4 swim strokes
- Must demonstrate a desire to help and mentor young kids
- Desire opportunity to gain coaching experience necessary for higher level coaching position
- Must be an ACTIVE member of the Swim Team (i.e. attending your own practices and swimming in meets)
- Arrive at practice as assigned by the Head Coach
- Prepare lane lines, kickboards, flags, etc.
- Follow Head Coach’s plan for swim practice
- Instruct children on proper stroke technique
- Be a positive role model for other swimmers
- Provide positive feedback/encouragement to all swimmers
- Coach in a manner that encourages fun and safety at all times and in all situations
- Ensure all swimmers receive equal attention
- Encourage team-building and good sportsmanship at all times
Minnows Swim Meet
- Ensure all swimmers conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the mission statement of the Meadowbrook Woods Swim Team
- Assist Head Coach as needed
- Provide general support of athletes and coaches
- Prepare children for warm-up and aid swimmers in race preparation (i.e., cap, goggles, etc.)
- As directed by the Head Coach, contribute to seeing that all swimmers are recognized and rewarded for individual and team performance after each swim meet