February 23, 2020
Position: St. John’s Legends – Novice Coach
The St. John’s Legends Swim Club is seeking part-time coaches interested in working with our pre-competitive ‘Swim School’ and ‘Lil Legends’ programs for the remaining months of the 2019-2020 season and beyond.
The St. John’s Legends Swim Club is a not-for-profit swim club with over 200 age group swimmers. We currently offer programming from the novice/grassroots ‘Swim School’ and ‘Lil Legends’ levels up through swimmers competing at an elite national level.
Aquarena and the Paul Reynold Community Centre
SESSION OPTIONS: Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday
It is our goal to offer the leading grassroots learning program to teach the fundamentals of competitive swimming. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals interested in coaching to join our staff, learn from our coaching team, and new coaches that are ready to teach and develop the Legends stars of tomorrow!
- The pre-competitive program coaches are responsible for the organization, implementation, and direct management of swimmers in the ‘Swim School’ and ‘Lil Legends’ program
- Pre-competitive Coaches will co-ordinate with the Head Coach in terms of the development of the program
- Pre-competitive Coaches will communicate with their assigned Group Parent to communicate information to the group as necessary
- Pre-competitive Coaches are responsible for attending all practices or seeking a suitable replacement on the Legends staff to cover practice responsibilities
- Pre-competitive Coaches will demonstrate the capacity to communicate effectively within the coaching staff and community, including the coaching staff’s online workflow management tool
- Minimum of 15-years of age
- Those 14-years and younger may inquire about priority volunteer opportunities
- Completion of Bronze Medallion/Bronze Cross/NLS considered a valuable asset – successful applicants without this qualification will be asked to seek these qualifications
- Experience as a swim instructor, swim coach or as a swimmer is an asset
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check
This is a part-time position with a fixed hourly compensation based upon current coaching credentials. Compensation rate is non-negotiable.
For more information or to submit your resume please contact Head Coach Dave Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org