February 26, 2020
SHAC Sizzles at 8&Under Champs
These swimmers are the future of the team, and what a future they have! The girls combined to win the Girls Team High Point trophy! The boys weren't too shabby either grabbing the 20th spot! These are SHACs youngest swimmers but they competed like seasoned veterans. They've been working on the fundamentals of all the strokes and they looked great! Collectively they had over 50% best times!
Some of the highlights:
- Tallis Stapleton put the pedal to the metal winning the 100 free, 50 free, 50 back and 100 IM. Oh, yeah, she was also on both winning relays. Also the 8 year old High Point Winner
- Christian Chen churned up the waters to 3 best times and an awesome 25 free and back
- Kalyssa Fontenot blasted her way to 3 best times and placed in 5 events including 2 winning relays
- Faith Guidry put on a swimming clinic with 2 best times in the 25 back and fly
- Kaisen Guy rocketed to best times in the 50 fly and 25 fly where he placed 7th
- Joey Herbst was on fire with 4 best times and placed in 3 events - 50 fly, breast, and 100 IM
- Jaci Redmon got into the mix as she cruised to 4 best times, placing 2nd in the 25 breast, and was a member of both winning relays
- Ronin Williams did a superior job with outstanding efforts in the 50 breast, free and 100 IM
- Addley Valchar is chasing her sister, winning the 50 breast, and placing in 5 events with 3 best times and a member of 2 winning relays
Like the pros, these swimmers are already getting ready for the summer season. No rest for the best!
Coach Karol is making sure they are working on all the strokes and turns, because you never know what you'll be in the future - today a breaststroker, tomorrow a flyer!