March 1, 2020
Hi Stingrays families,
Online registration is open for returning families
We hope everyone is getting excited about our upcoming season. Please see below for registration instructions and a few reminders:
Registration will open for new families on March 15th, so if you haven’t done so already, complete your returning registration as soon as possible. Once registration becomes available to new families, available spots on the team will fill fast! Please reach out to the board at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with registration. See below for registration instructions.
- Swimmers must be at least 5 years old, will have graduated high school no earlier than 2020, and be able to complete a full length of the pool unassisted to join the swim team.
- Mini-Stingrays must have some prior swimming experience (lessons, etc.), be at least 5 years old, be comfortable swimming in deep water, and be able to swim at least 15 meters unassisted.
- Mini-Stingrays will remain in their practice groups for the duration of the season; however, they will be entered into the meets when they are able to swim 25 yards unassisted.
- If you have not read about the exciting changes to our practice groups and Mini-Stingrays program, please see our January newsletter at: https://www.teamunify.com/NewsShow.jsp?returnPage=/News.jsp&id=694134&team=recwst
Step 1: Obtain a family membership to the Westminster Municipal Pool.
- You may purchase a family membership by calling 410-751-5501 or visiting the Westminster Recreation and Parks Office located at 11 Longwell Ave, Westminster, MD.
- Visit https://www.westminstermd.gov/221/Pool for details about registration.
- Keep your receipt; you will need the receipt number to register for the swim team.
- Swimmers will not be allowed to practice, participate in meets, or be on deck without a family membership.
Step 2: Complete online registration on the team website.
- Go to www.westminsterstingrays.org and click on “start registration.”
- You do not need to register your swimmers for AAU membership on the AAU site. You will complete this process during registration on the Stingrays site. Your membership fee includes the $14 AAU membership fee.
Save the Date for Meet the Coaches Night
Our annual Meet the Coaches Night/Swimsuit Fitting will take place on Wednesday, May 13th from 5:30-8PM, at Westminster West Middle School. We can’t wait to see everyone there!
Other exciting news!!!!
The CMSL division assignments are out and we’re moving up to Division II!!! Stay tuned, our meet schedule will be posted soon.