March 6, 2020
Dear Indiana Swimming Members,
As you know, the coronavirus (COVID-19) is getting a lot of attention in the news. We are committed to the health and safety of our athletes, coaches and families and wanted to let you know that we are closely monitoring this situation.
We are not aware of any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 of anyone in our swimming community at this time. If a case were to occur and we become aware, we would notify the appropriate clubs in the area and the LSC as well as promoting the following of the recommendations of health officials.
At this point, we are not planning to cancel any meets, events or programs. However, our leaders are closely monitoring the situation and will communicate any changes if we feel that it would be prudent to do so.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend the following preventive measures:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Throw used tissues away in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay away from people who are sick or not feeling well and avoid close contact with others through hugging, kissing or shaking hands.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as toys and doorknobs.
- Anyone with a fever should remain at home until they are "fever free" for 24 hours.
- Seek assistance from a health professional if you see or experience symptoms that cause concern.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our swimming family and our communities healthy. Let's all hope for those who are working to find remedies for this disease and for those who are ill to be restored to health.