March 10, 2020
BASH Information for AA’s (we are planning on swimming!)
Friday – 9 and over events
Warm up 5:00 PM, meet 6:05 PM, Estimated Finish 8:35 PM
Saturday AM – for 11 and over
Warm up 7:00 AM, meet 8:10 AM, Estimated Finish 11:35 AM
Sunday AM – for 11 and over
Warm up 7:40 AM, meet 8:10 AM, Estimated Finish 11:35 AM
Saturday Afternoon for 10 and under
Warm up 12:50 PM, meet 1:20 PM, Estimated Finish 3:45 PM
Sunday Afternoon for 10 and under
Warm up 12:30 PM, meet 1:20 PM, Estimated Finish 3:45 PM
Finals for 11 and over – Saturday and Sunday same times
Warm up 4:45 PM, meet 5:40 PM, Estimated Finish 8:30 PM
Wear your new BASH black tee shirt on Sunday, other tees on Friday and Saturday
Still need a few volunteers for the weekend
Be on time for warm ups, can’t come late unless you get special permission from your coach! Each morning starts with a relay and we have a lot of entries each day!
NO Food on the Pool deck! Eat food upstairs only. Drinks only on the pool deck. Miami U rule!!
Be sure to race every race, don’t pick and choose what event to swim fast!
We don’t want scratches from Finals, if you make Finals for any 11 and over event we expect you to swim in Finals on Saturday and Sunday evening. SCRATCH RULE FOR FINALS for AA’s – If a swimmer does not scratch and fails to show up at Finals, he/she will:
A. Miss his/her next event
B. Or if the Finals event is his/her last event, a $25 fine will be imposed on the team.
If you make the top 18 in the morning, you are expected to swim at finals. This is a championship meet!
Relays are only in the morning and afternoon, NONE IN FINALS. Be sure to check and see with your coach before you leave each day. RELAYS ARE ONLY IN PENSIL right now and subject to change—sickness, swimmers not swimming well or swimming faster than expected and if someone needs a chance at a lead-off split are all factored into final relay decisions.
As we come into the second of our YMCA Championship we have a few things to remember-
1) We must balance our individual goals with our team goals – We hope swimmers will try their hardest every time they enter the water, individual or relay swim. Don’t save for your “next swim”, give everything in each event. We have been training since September, so you should be able to recover for your next swim. Our team wants to finish well these upcoming weekends but we also want swimmers to make it to the next level!
2) Prepare yourself well, watch what you eat, get a good warm up and a good warm down, lots of sleep and rest and listen to your coach.
3) Cheer on your teammates and they will cheer you on! Support and encourage your teammates, never put down a teammate.
4) Have fun and enjoy your swims and the meet, if you get too nervous, put too much pressure on yourself or think negative thought, your outcome will be less than expected. You have trained hard since September, had good coaching along the way, so expect good results, you have earned them and we know you will swim FAST.
5) BE EARLY for warm up, it is an important part of swimming your best!