March 10, 2020
Swimmers, Coaches, Officials, and the YMCA swimming community-
The Championship Committee has decided to move forward with the state meet.
We have gotten guidance from Y-USA that:
The Y-USA decision applies to YMCA Nationals only.
All local/state/regional meets have to be determined by the hosting YMCA/league and the hosting facility.
With that decision, we have some changes that need to happen.
1) If you need to change your line-up in any way to accommodate athletes no longer attending Nationals. These are due by the scratch deadline of Noon on Wednesday March 11.
- The entries need to be manually done- typed out
- NO NEW FILES
- They need to be sent to the entry chair
2) We are highly recommending that persons at high risk for sickness consider not attending this year’s meet.
3) Anyone who has been sick or any signs of a fever please stay home from the meet until at least 24 hours after any signs of a fever have gone (without the use of fever-reducing medications) or with the clearance from a healthcare provider.
4) We are looking to get more hand sanitizer for coaches and officials around the pool deck
These are trying times and we are doing our best to provide a quality meet for your swimmers that they have been working hard for.
Thank-you for your time in this matter,
IL YMCA Swimming State Chair