March 11, 2020
It’s been quite a whirlwind with Championship meets still rolling. Our full results from last weekend, were edited a bit from what I supplied the paper. (see below)
Iso appreciate all the families that attend these Championship meets, as it is a family effort to get these kids to meets all over the state!! Our participation is improving with combined numbers at Districts and YMCA states at 65 kids who attended!!! That is awesome!!!
We still have our 13/14 & over state meet next weekend, 20-22, back in Ypsilanti, EMU (Blake Rowe, Claire Bongiorno, Avery Bills, Elyse Brayton, Katie Gorno, and Camryn Crosby) and Owen Brammer heading to YMCA Zones in Canton, OH, the same weekend.
RESULTS:12-u States –2020 Michigan Swimming 12&under Short Course State Meet, held at Eastern Michigan’s Mike Jones Natatorium March 6-8.
- Kira Adams 11th 100 yd. back, (1:05.79), 18th 500 yd. freestyle (5:42.42), 11th place 1,650 freestyle with a time of (19:51.77)
- Ella Cabbage 2nd in the 100 yd. back (1:01.63)3rd 50 yd. backstroke (28.59), 6th 200 yd. back (2:15.03), 5th 500 yd. freestyle (5:27.03), 9th 200 yd. free (2:02.92), 10th 100 yd. freestyle (57.48)
- Anna Glenn 17th in the 50 yd. butterfly, (36.29)
- Lila Glenn 5th in the 200 yd. breaststroke (2:36.35), 4th 100 yd. breaststroke (1:11.67), 7th 100 yd. individual medley, (1:04.55),8th 50yd. breaststroke, (33.96) 11th 400 Individual medley (5:00.90),
- 200 yd. Medley Relay of Ella Cabbage, Lila Glenn, Bea Plum & Amelia Ackerson placed 7th with a time of 2:00.96.
- 200 yd. Free Relay of Ella Cabbage, Alexis Leonard, Amelia Ackerson, and Lila Glenn, placed 5th, with a time of 1:48.52.
Kira, Lila and Ella had a full slate of events and Amelia, Alexis, and Bea traveled all the way to YPSI for relays. Now, some would think that is crazy, but this not only gives these girls the experience with this level of competition but they also walk away with top 8 placings in relays, and medals to bear. They should take great pride from being top 8 in the state (out of almost 20+ teams). The coaches also love when our relay only swimmers arrive, as they bring such good energy into the 2nd day of our meet!!!
Up on the Horizon
March 26th- Last day for swim! (Blue I /Blue II and Senior will have a combined practice this night-meet at 5:15 in youth, family center)
(NOTE: If your swimmer is not swimming in Spring, we need a month notice to suspend accounts. Please take care of this at any front desk)
April 6th Return to swim!! after Spring Break
April 7th The 411 about swimming in college?.... Mr. Jeff Brunner, who has had 4 swimmers roll thru the Breakers (currently, Julia in her 2nd year at Wayne State and thriving academically and swimmingly) will speak @WEST Multipurpose Room, from 6:00-7:15 pm...regarding how to first dive in to the idea of what it takes to be a student/athlete in a collegiate setting. He will talk about the differences of D1, D2 and D3 and give you some tools for you to get started with your swimmer!! No RSVP needed. Just show up!!
April 15th @ WEST -Summer Swimming informational MEETING- 6:00-7:00 pm-Fireplace Lobby
- For all those who are interested in swimming this summer. We will roll out summer practice/meet schedule and answer any questions.
April 24th banquet/ DJ /awards night, swim4 funz prizes too!!! at Twin Lakes Gilbert Lodge
- We will need people to commit to numbers who will attend on this evening and I will send a request early April. We are considering having Qdoba for the meal and families bring salads and drinks. We will need to charge a small fee for any added guests. We will also have a bonfire and s'mores!!! More details to come! Interesting in helping with the banquet? please reach out!!
Any questions please reach out, reply to this email or call 231-346-4969
Have a great day!!