Info & Safety Statement
March 11, 2020
Having safe and healthy members in our Canyons family is our #1 priority. With the recent outbreak of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, USA Swimming has issued some important information and safety measures so that clubs can be proactive about this virus. Please examine the following:
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to stress general precautions to prevent the spread of communicable diseases:
- wash your hands often;
- cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze;
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe;
- get a flu shot to protect yourself and others from the flu, which has similar symptoms to COVID-19;
- stay home when you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members.
USA Swimming will work with, and follow, all guidance and protocols issued by the CDC, state and local public health departments.
Both the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) have published recommendations/guidelines for gatherings and healthy travel. For members planning to host or attend sanctioned events, we encourage you to request updates directly from event organizers, who should be actively communicating with local health professionals.
We strongly encourage everyone to seek further information using the CDC and the WHO websites:
Questions or personal concerns regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) should be directed to your local healthcare provider.
With this situation changing day to day, if any more information is handed down from USA Swimming, we will dispense it to the Club.