March 12, 2020
We are planning to offer practices based on the recommendations of the county and/or city health departments in whose jurisdiction the various meets will be held as well as the recommendations of the facilities we use as well as our governing bodies (USA Swimming/Sierra Nevada swimming.) We are also following the local school district recommendations on a daily basis. The school district will likely make a decision about non essential activities tonight, which would impact any use at district pools or school sports. Meet Cancellations
Although we have not received official word, we do believe that Far Westerns will be cancelled. We will await official word prior to moving forward with anything regarding the meet.
The NAPA meet in May is open for entry. We will follow up with an email specific to that meet as we move forward and receive more information.
Practices at Solano College and Kroc Center
We are currently able to practice at both facilities, however, this could change. Please continue to check your email for any updates.
We will look at practice recommendations and may move to an adjusted schedule with shorter practices/smaller groups if recommended to do so by CDC, USA/SN Swimming or our host facilities.
Coaches will remind swimmers today about good practice habits as well as adjust workouts. This will include reminding swimmers not to share equipment or water bottles as well as no use of any shared dryland or swim equipment.
We have reached out to other facilities and have begun to secure water time in the event either the College or Kroc pools are not available (note that this could change as well.)
Continued Follow up
We are in the middle of a rapidly evolving situation which we will continue to closely monitor. You should expect that guidance will change as we gain knowledge about this novel virus and the best ways to mitigate exposure to it.
Head Coach-SASO Swimming
Assistant Coach-Solano College