March 12, 2020
As you may already be aware, there have been a significant amount of changes and cancellations the past couple days due to COVID-19. We regret to inform our members that many of the cancellations affect MCA and our swimmers' championship season.
We know it is likely difficult for our athletes to process these cancellations, after having worked so hard all season to achieve their goals. We are just as disappointed as you. Future practices will be addressed as we learn more. This is a fluid situation and seems to be changing on a minute-by-minute basis. Please continue to check the website and hotline for updates. The list below will be updated as we know more.
3/13/20: All MCA practices cancelled until further notice.
- Michigan 13/14 & Open State Meet: Cancelled
- NCSA Orlando Meet: Cancelled
- All Michigan Swimming sanctioned meets through April 11: Cancelled
- All USA Swimming events, camps & conferences through April 12: Cancelled
- MHSAA Boys D1, D2 & D3 State Meets: Cancelled
- Para-Swimming Meet in Cincinnati: Cancelled
- Sectionals in Elkhart: Edited 3/12/20 11:30 PM: Cancelled
- Edited 3/16/20: TYR Pro Swim Series in Mission Viejo: Cancelled
- Edited 3/16/20: Open Water National & Jr National in Fort Meyers: Postponed
- Edited 3/16/20: All USA Swimming events, camps & conferences - cancellation extended through April 30
- Edited 4/16/20: All USA Swimming (and Michigan) sanctioned meets/events - suspension extented through May 31
- Edited 5/21/20: All USA Swimming sanctioned meetes/events - suspension extended through June 30
- Edited 5/21/20: All MI Swimming Long Course State Championship meets - cancelled, not rescheduling