March 12, 2020
Dear ECAC Swimmers + Families,
This afternoon USA Swimming implemented a 30-day suspension for all sanctioned swim meets, clinics, camps and gatherings of more than 250 people.
Florida Gold Coast, the Coral Springs Swim Club and South Florida Aquatic Club have decided to postpone the 2020 Junior Olympics (March 13-15) as well as the 2020 Senior Championships (March 20-22).
The Florida Gold Coast Board of Directors will discuss this situation further but at this time, they do not have set dates.
Please note that ECAC will be monitoring the Corona Virus (COVID-19) diligently. At this time all scheduled practices will continue until further notice. If your child is feeling ill please refrain from attending practice. This remains a dynamic situation and we will update our decisions and recommendations on a regular basis.
We continue to stress the importance of preventing the spread of infection and share the following information being circulated by healthcare officials:
- Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands;
- Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly;
- Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.
Everyone is encouraged to seek further information using the CDC and the WHO websites:
Questions or personal concerns regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) should be directed to your local healthcare provider.