March 12, 2020
We received alot of information today that we wanted to share with you.
1. We received an update from USA Swimming that they are suspending all usa swimming events, meets, ect that would require individuals to travel adn gather for an event, for the next 30 days. They have also recommended to the LSC that they suspend any sanctioned meets that they may be hosting during this time. This announcement means that all Elite Meets have been suspended or canceled for the next 30 days (including Elite meets such as Sectionals and Age Group Zones).
2. We then received notification from USA Swimming that based on the USA Swimming recomendation, our Last Splash meet will need to be suspended during this 30 day suspension perod. So this means that our Last Splash home meet will be canceled or postponed for now.
3. We also received notice from Moon Area High School that they will be meeting tomorrow to discuss facility utilization during this time. We have not been notified of any suspension of pool facilities by Moon Area School District, at this point. Similarly, we have not been notifed of any suspension of pool facility utilization from Cornell Highschool either . This means that it is business as usual for all Moon Aqua club (Steel City Aquatics) practices for now, until we hear otherwise. We will keep you updated with any changes that may occur.
Thank you for your understanding and please continue to check
your e-mails often for news updates that may impact practice
schedules during this time.
Moon site President, Steel City Aquatics
Dear USA Swimming Members,
Over the course of the last seven days, let alone the last 24 hours, the coronavirus (COVID-19) has prompted unprecedented changes within the world of sport.
Our leadership team has been meeting daily to discuss the most up-to-date information and the associated effects on our membership.
In prioritizing the health and wellness of all our members, as of March 12, USA Swimming has made the decision to suspend all our events, camps, conferences, or any occasion that requires individuals to travel and gather for the next 30 days.
We also strongly recommend that our Local Swimming Committees (LSC) and clubs suspend all USA Swimming sanctioned competitions across the country for the next 30 days.
Further information about the TYR Pro Swim Series at Mission Viejo, an officially approved FINA qualifying competition for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, will be shared within the next few days.
We continue to stress the importance of preventing the spread of infection and share the following information being circulated by healthcare officials:
- Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands;
- Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly;
- Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.
Everyone is encouraged to seek further information using the CDC and the WHO websites:
Questions or personal concerns regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) should be directed to your local healthcare provider.
This remains a dynamic situation and we will update our decisions and recommendations on a regular basis.
Please share the above with your members.