March 13, 2020
The board of directors of the Perth Stingrays Aquatic Club would like to communicate to our members and their families about our strategy regarding the evolving potential presence of the COVID-19 virus in our community.
The safety, health and well-being of swim families and staff is a top priority. We are committed to following the recommendations outlined by the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Health Unit, Health Canada, Swim Canada and Swim Ontario.
We have communicated with the Town of Perth to find out what actions they are taking at the pool and their policies for continued use. The Town of Perth is working closely with the Health Unit and will be following their recommendations as they arise. We are informed that the Town of Perth has taken immediate action at the pool to by having staff disinfecting handles, doorknobs, toilets, sinks and other regularly touched fixtures in the pool three times per day. The Town of Perth have issued a notice about Water Transmission and COVID-19.
Please keep in contact with the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Health Unit to learn more about local recommendations and updates applicable to our area.
As a general precaution, we ask our members (parents and children) with a sinus infection, cough, and/or fever to refrain from attending any practices in order to prevent the spread of colds and flus to others.
We are actively following the latest updates and recommendations made by our local health unit who recommends the following actions to lessen the potential spread of colds, flu and viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands with soap
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hands
- If possible, stay home if you are sick (as always, if any concerns, seek medical attention)
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
- Do not share personal items that come into contact with saliva such as toothbrushes, eating utensils, drinks, water bottles, and towels.
We hope that you all have a fun and healthy March Break. Please note that all swim practices are cancelled for March Break from Saturday, March 14 to Sunday, March 22, 2020 inclusive as per our normal schedule.
As we continue with the unknowns of COVID-19 virus we will do our best to keep you up to date. We will continue to keep the health and safety of all of our members and coaching team a priority in all of our decisions and actions. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions.