March 13, 2020
Swim BC just completed a conference call with Swimming Canada (12:45pm Friday March 13th). The following decisions were communicated:
- Canadian Olympic trials have been postponed. Swimming Canada is currently determining whether they will be cancelled pending City of Toronto decisions.
- Canadian Western and Eastern Championships are cancelled (not postponed)
- All domestic swimming competitions between March 16th and April 20th must be cancelled. This does not include practices.
- All other swimming related activities (ie: NCCP courses) are dependent on local and provincial health authority decisions. At present all Swim BC planned NCCP courses will be conducted as scheduled. If there are any changes to local facilities, we will let candidates know
- Swim BC does not recommend any swimming related travel internationally including the United States.
Please note some insurance carriers are exempting claims related to COVID-19 if contracted outside of Canada. Please consult your personal carrier for more details.
Jerzy will be speaking with the Kerim regarding the practice schedule during the second week of spring break. We should be sending out an email about that meeting in the next day or two.
Again, if you have any questions/concerns, please let me know.