Proud Supporters of the Legends
COVID-19 Closure Updates

Legends Swim Family

We will post updates as they become available to what we can do with our programming. 

March 13th, 2020 -- SwimNL announced they are postponing our Provincial Championships, originally scheduled for March 20-22.  It is the intetion of SwimNL to re-schedule these Championships when possible.

March 13th, 2020 -- the St. John's Legends were notified by our pool partners (MUN, Aquarena, City of St.John's) that they were closing their facilities until further notice.  The weight room at Swiler's Rugby Club has followed and closed their facilty.

March 13th, 2020 -- Swim Canada announced the postponement of the Canadian Olympic Trials for swimming, orginally scheduled to start on March 30th.  Additionally Swim Canada announced the cancellation of the Eastern Canadian Swimming Championships (April 16-19) and announced that Swim Canada has instructed all Provincial swim organization to cancel all sanctioned competitions scheduled between March 16-April 20th, which will include the Carbonear competition scheduled for April 3-5th.

Week of March 16th -- we are not anticipating practices to run this week

March 19th, 2020 -- Swimming Canada announced that the moratorium on sanctioned competitions has been extended to April 30th (originally April 20th).  This will officially eliminate the PEI Fast & Furious Meet from our calendar.

Week of March 23rd -- we are not anticipating practices to run this week

March 23rd, 2020 -- we have taken the Pan AM Invitational off of the meet schedule.  Even under a best case scenario we don't foresee having the time to properly train to be able to send swimmers to this meet.  We hope to return to this meet in 2021.

March 27th, 2020 -- Swimming Canada announces they are cancelling all National level meets remaining on the 2019-2020 calendar including the summer's Canadian Swimming Championships (Edmonton) and Canadian Junior Championships (Montreal).

March 28th, 2020 - the St. John's Legends decide to cancel the Iceberg Invitational scheduled for May 2020 and announced plans to debut the meet in 2021.

Week of March 30th, 2020 -- we are not anticipating practices to run this week.