March 16, 2020
SCHEDULE CHANGES: - NO PRACTICE – Until at least March 31st.
Dryland workout attached.
The best ways to reduce the risk of getting this or any viral respiratory infection include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces
- Stay at home away from others if you are sick
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Do not go to work or in public if you have cold or flu-like symptoms (elevated temperature, fever, cough, shortness of breath).
If you have any questions, please contact Audra.
Poseidon Team Pictures 3:45 – 6 pm April 2nd. – possibly postponed.
Picture envelopes will be coming home in the next couple of weeks. Swimmers will have the opportunity to take individual, buddy, and/or a team photo. If you are not planning to have individual photos, please plan to attend for the Team Picture. Please wear a dark blue or black Poseidon t-shirt for the team photo; if you do not have one, there will be t-shirts available for swimmers to borrow.
NUTRITION: After heredity and training, nutrition plays the largest role in the quality of a swimmer's performance. HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!!!
Every swimmer should have a water bottle at the end of their training lane. Swimmers sweat during their workouts; the same amount of dehydration occurs during a swim workout as does a person doing a “dry” workout. REMEMBER your water bottle every day. It is just as important as your cap, suit, and goggles. You wouldn’t come to swim practice without one of them – don’t come without your water bottle.
THOUGHT OF THE MONTH:
Quality is not an act; it is a habit.