No Alaska Swimming Competitions Unti After April
March 17, 2020
With the extended USA Swimming ban on all events, competitions, and conferences through April 30, our JO meet will not be held in April. For the time being, the meet has been canceled. The ASI Executive Board, along with the JO meet personnel, will meet again between now and the end of the month to discuss the possibility/feasibility of rescheduling JOs for a later date. If a reschedule is feasible, we will communicate this with you and get input from all ASI clubs/coaches. This is a very fluid situation that can change quickly, so please check your email often for updates and action items. We understand this is a difficult time for all, and we are doing all we can to make responsible, effective decisions for our members.
Also, with the USAS extended ban, House of Delegates will not move forward as planned. We are continuing to discuss holding HOD remotely or moving the date later into the spring/summer. We will update you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We will get through this. We will continue to follow USA Swimming's mandates and update our swimming communities with any new information we have.--