April 7, 2020
Province of Ontario Information
Prime Minister announces new actions under Canada’s COVID-19 response
Ontario Enacts Declaration of Emergency to Protect the Public
Team Canada will not send athletes to Games in summer 2020 due to COVID-19 risks
Swim Ontario dedicated COVID-19 page with updates in regards to competitions etc (updated as Swim Canada makes announcements as well)
April 7th, 2020
Hello MMST Families,
I hope this email finds you healthy and safe at this time. Thank you for your patience and your support as we navigate this unprecedented situation regarding COVID-19.
At this time, Town of Milton facilities (including pools) have been closed through to the end of May and all Provincial and National competitions through to September have been cancelled. Given the evolving situation and continued uncertainty, the MMST Board of Directors and Coaching Staff have made the difficult decision to suspend the remainder of the 2019-2020 season. This was a tough decision, but we believe it is in the best interest and safety of our staff, swimmers and swim families.
MMST Coaches will continue to email out suggested workouts to encourage athletes to remain active and engaged during their time away from the pool. If the situation allows us to safely offer a program later this spring or in the summer, we will communicate those options at that time. Our governing body, Swim Ontario, is currently developing their Return to Play Strategy. MMST will be following their guidelines as we look to return to the pool in the future.
Swim Fee Refunds
We are in process of calculating refunds related to the cancellation of the remainder of the 2019-2020 season (March 23 to June 30). Refunds will be applied to your account, along with any other adjustments outstanding (i.e. swim caps, meet fees, volunteer commitment) and will be available as a credit against 2020/2021 Swim Fees, unless you request a cheque. We ask for your patience since each family’s account must be reconciled individually and this is a time-consuming process. Thank you for your understanding.
Given the cancellation of 25% of the Club’s swim meets and remaining Officials clinics, the Board has approved the modification of the 2019-2020 Volunteer Commitment. The goal of these changes is to be fair to families who have already completed or partially completed their Volunteer Points Requirement as well as those families who were planning to volunteer at our remaining swim meets. As such, the following changes were approved:
- Officials Clinic Requirement is waived for all families.
- The requirement to earn at least 1 Volunteer Point at a MMST-hosted Novice meet is waived.
- Volunteer Points Requirement is waived for any new family who joined the Club after October 21, 2019.
- The total Volunteer Points Requirement is reduced by 50% to 3 points for Novice swimmers and 6 points for all other squads.
All Volunteer Commitment cheques will be shredded once we have access to our office at MSC. Each family’s final account reconciliation will be adjusted to reflect outstanding Volunteer Points (each outstanding point = $50), after applying the 50% factor noted above. We will be emailing those families later this week to confirm their earned Volunteer Points prior to finalizing their refund.
Planning for next year is already well underway, and we will keep everyone posted on those plans as they are finalized. We eagerly await the opportunity to welcome all our swimmers back on deck with MMST!
We hope everyone stays safe over the next few months. If you have questions at any time, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
March 27, 2020 - 1:00pm
March 18th, 2020
March 13th, 2020
Dear MMST swim families,
The health and safety of our swimmers,coaching team and swim families is our number one priority. Consistent with the Town of Milton's decision this afternoon to close all recreation, culture and library facilities until (and including) April 5 to reduce the threat of spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), all MMST practices have been cancelled effective immediately and will resume on Monday, April 6th.
The financial impact of the above changes will be assessed and families will be reimbursed accordingly. Please allow us some time to figure this out, but rest assured we will address the financial impact fairly for all.
We recognize that the COVID-19 virus requires all of us to be more mindful as we go through our regular activities, and we encourage all our Club members to pay heed to the recommendations of the Government of Canada Public Heath Department, including updates, travel advice, prevention recommendations and symptoms/treatment. You can find the latest information at: https://www.canada.ca/en/