March 20, 2020
Closed to the Public
In an effort to reduce exposure of our employees and to control the spreading of the Covid-19 virus, the City of Cumming has decided to temporarily restrict public access to City Buildings and Facilities at this time.
Developing and implementing changes such as these is a tough balancing act. We are a public entity owing our existence to our citizens and restricting access for them is a difficult step. However, City leaders have a responsibility to guarantee a safe workplace for our employees and a greater responsibility to our state and nation as a whole to do all we can to control the spread of this virus that is spreading across our country. Hopefully these will be short term changes, but we will be reassessing every day and keeping in touch with you as we try to continue to do the right thing for all concerned.
With a goal of being proactive in our efforts to reduce employee exposure to the Covid-19 virus, the City of Cumming has decided the following changes in our daily operations are in the best interest of the City and the time period covered will be March 18, 2020 thru March 31, 2020:
- All departments will remain staffed and operational, but City business will be conducted by phone and electronically. Public access to City buildings will be restricted to appointments only and to absolutely necessary in-person meetings. Contact information will be posted at all locations.
- All in-person meetings are to be switched to phone or video if at all possible.
- Recreation Department contacts are 770-781-2030and email@example.com. Recreation Department web site is www.crpdonline.com.
- Citizen contact points are always available: City Hall 770-781-2010, Department of Utilities 770-781-2020, Planning and Zoning 770-781-2024. https://www.cityofcumming.net/ask-a-question.
- All Utility payments can be paid by phone, online or in the Night Deposit box located on the sidewalk next to the flags.
Thank you for your patience,