March 23, 2020
Hello BDSC Families,
We hope that all of you are staying safe and healthy. My Honey Do list is getting longer the more we stay in this shut in. Good thing is I like to work with my hands, so it is good for the mind and soul. Here’s a picture of the first part of my project I’m working on. I sanded everything down and painted it the teal color. I am working on the rest of the base cabinets now. Share some of your pictures and videos to our Facebook page.
Just wanted to give you an update on the upcoming season. We had a quick conference meeting today and while there is still a lot of unknown as to when school will start and what that means for outside groups, we have come up with the following tentative plan.
- May 4th as the new start date for season (we will start earlier if we can). Again, this is all dependent on when we can get back into the pool at the High School.
- The season will go until August 21st.
- Try-outs for new swimmers will be integrated into the first week of practice. If you know of anyone that is interested, please tell them to be patient. We will make sure they get a chance to try-out and be part of our team.
- Membership fees will be adjusted and prorated accordingly.
- Some of the practice times will be a little longer (15 min. or so) to get some of the lost practice time in.
- Coaches will be working on a plan to recognize all the swimmers from the Fall/Winter Season.
- More Dryland Exercises will be posted shortly (that way your other muscles can be sore instead of just your abs).
We will try to keep you updated as more information becomes available. For now stay safe and follow the Guidelines from the CDC and the government officials.