March 25, 2020
GCY Dryland Workout of the Day - Indoor Rainy Day Version!
We are working hard to get back in the water when that opportunity arises, and making a safe plan to do that! As a responsible organization , we will continue to take appropriate steps and ensure that every decision we make is one with a focus on the health and safety of our swimmers, coaches, parents, and volunteers, thanks for your patience!
Even though we are out of the water, it's critical that we keep working out and staying in shape! Please look for this Daily Dryland Workout in Your GCY emails/instagram everyday (M-F) that we are out of the water!
Raining outside where you are? Try this one out it's all indoors! Also, take some pictures or videos if you'd like doing them we'd love to see Makos training and we'll blast those out to the team!
- 5 minute stretch
- Arm Circles (:15 seconds small - :05 rest, :15 seconds medium - :05 rest, :15 seconds large - :05 rest) – 2 rounds (1 RD forward, 1 RD backward)
- Jumping jacks – 2x
30 seconds ON/30 seconds OFF
- 2x 30 seconds ON/20 seconds OFF
- 2x 30 seconds ON/10 seconds OFF
- Mountain Climbers (20-25, both legs = 1) - CARDIO
- Pushups (20-30) – UPPERBODY; CHEST
- Elevated Lunges (10-15 each leg) – LOWERBODY; QUADCRICEPS
- Elbow Plank – ABS; UPPER ABS
- Burpees (12 – 15) - CARDIO
- Dips (20 – 25) – UPPERBODY; TRICEPS
- Squats (15-20) – LOWERBODY; QUADRICEPS/HAMSTRINGS
- Russian Twists (25-30, both sides = 1) – ABS; OBLIQUES
- High Knees (30-40, both legs = 1) – CARDIO
- Pike Pushups (15-20) – UPPERBODY; SHOULDERS
- Calf Raises (25-30) – LOWERBODY; CALVES
- 6 Inch flutter kicks (30-40, both legs = 1) – ABS; LOWER ABS
- 30 seconds ON/10 seconds OFF BETWEEN EXERCISES – 1-2 minutes rest BETWEEN ROUNDS (try to hit target number of reps for each exercise)
- Any exercise you don’t know – GOOGLE it! Some exercises may require a tables, chair, or elevated surface, should be able to find in your home!
- Can use additional weight for certain exercises – anything works! Doesn’t have to be weights/dumbells can be any household object!
- ½ - 1 mile walk
- 5 minutes stretch