April 3, 2020
Hello Gator family!
We are optimistic about the summer swim season, which if all goes well will begin on May 18. Hopefully by then we will have “flattened the curve” enough! And these kids will be SO ready to play and compete again!!
We are taking direction from our Mountain Hi Swim League, which yesterday let us know: “We feel there is still a possibility to have a full season so we plan to continue as if the season will take place as normal.” So hoping for the best and controlling what we can, we already have a few changes and workarounds to let you know about:
- Unfortunately we won’t be able to hold our planned in-person registration event on April 19. Instead, we’ve posted a video on YouTube and on our Team Unify homepage with lots of news and information about the season, and we’ll have an online meeting with live Q&A on April 19—more details coming soon.
- Our apparel showcase will also be virtual this year—stay tuned for details, and remember two things: Out of Breath Sports is a local small business that has always supported us; please support them by buying a team swimsuit and apparel if you can. But also: any competition-style swimsuit is perfectly fine for practicing and competing with the Gators.
- Please fill out your registration form ASAP to hold your spot and help us plan ahead and communicate well; see new payment options below!
We invite both returning members and new members to register at this time! We are offering several workarounds right now for the challenges we are all facing.
- Register now to hold your spot, and pay only when (and if) the season begins. (Keep in mind the swim season might also take place later in the summer rather than be canceled.)
- Register and pay now, and if the season is canceled or shortened, your swim team fees will be fully refunded or prorated. (If the season begins, we do owe some money to coaches, the league, and our insurance.)
- Register and pay for swim team now, but wait to pay your SGCC dues until we are sure the pool is opening for the summer.
Just remember that pool membership is required to be on swim team, and that you MUST finalize both swim team and club payments before kids enter the water.
We are more excited than ever for the upcoming season and getting back together with this amazing community, and hope you are too. Be sure to forward this information to friends who are prospective new families—a summary of registration information is below!
**Registration for new and returning SGCC Gators swim team families is currently open!** Swim practice will be offered each weekday morning with meets taking place on Saturdays, plus we’ll have some other fun Wednesday and Friday evening events!
- Click the “Online Registration” button on the left panel
- Complete required fields
- Pay online using Zelle* or mail your payment check (instructions online)
2020 Gator family swim team dues:
- $150 for 1 swimmer
- $280 total for 2 swimmers
- $385 total for 3 swimmers
- $465 total for 4 swimmers
A team information presentation is available on our Team Unify homepage.
We will have a virtual meeting on Sunday, April 19th to cover:
- Registration completion for returning and new members
- Virtual apparel showcase from Out Of Breath Sports
- Live Q&A and latest news
2020 SGCC Membership Dues:
- Remember you must join the club to be on swim team. Here is a link to membership dues and information: http://www.southglenncc.com/aboutus/memberships/
*Our preferred method of payment this year is through Zelle. When you pay with Zelle, please put your swimmer’s first and last name in the comment area; please make sure to read the full instructions on how to connect your account to the swim team account.