April 19, 2020
It was great to see so many people on the virtual Gators Open House, thanks for joining! If you missed it, a video is available. Here are some of the highlights and reminders:
If you are IN, or even just a “maybe,” please go ahead and fill out the registration form so we can better prepare for this summer. Remember, this year you don’t have to pay any dues until the season begins.
We had a great presentation about Gators team gear! Gear is ordered in batches, and the first order will close on May 4th for items to arrive before the first meet, so please visit the Gators online store to get your supplies! Out of Breath Sports plans to re-open their retail store at Broadway and Arapahoe at the end of April if you’d like to try items on before ordering.
We are required to provide volunteer officials at every swim meet, and we need a few more people to sign up for this role. Being an official is fun, low-stress, and truly gives you the best seat in the house! Training to be an official is only one hour long, and is being offered online this year. Please consider attending to see if this might be right for you—no swimming experience is required. See the training schedule and sign up here, and please also let us know if you plan to attend!
It takes about 50 volunteers to run a swim meet, so each family needs to do 4 volunteer shifts in the regular season and 1 post-season (Prelims or Championships) shift. (A shift is about ½ of a meet. This shift number depends a bit on team size and is subject to change.) We require a $200 deposit check which will be destroyed when you complete your shifts. All kinds of jobs are available, and there are jobs besides swim meets! Sign-ups and more information will be coming soon from our Volunteer Coordinator.
Season Info and Important Dates
Covid-19 is at the top of everyone’s mind, and the Gators are following the guidance of the Mountain Hi Swim League (of which our very own Will McCammish is president this year! Thanks Will!) and USA Swimming. The league’s updates on the season and situation are here.
- May 26: practice begins
- May 29: kick off the season with a mock meet and pot luck dinner
- May 30: first meet
- June 23: Pirates Cove fundraiser
- July 6-7: Prelims time trial meet
- July 11: Championships meet
- July 12: End-of-season banquet
- Adults-only volunteer appreciation party TBA
- Visit https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?team=recmhsgco
- Click the “Online Registration” button on the left panel
- Complete required fields
- Pay online using Zelle (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail your payment check (address/instructions online)
- Right now, you can register and then pay when (and if) the season begins, or register and pay knowing we plan to give full refunds if the season doesn’t begin and prorated refunds in the event of a shortened season.
2020 Gator family swim team dues:
- $150 for 1 swimmer
- $280 total for 2 swimmers
- $385 total for 3 swimmers
- $465 total for 4 swimmers
Please hit “Contact Us” on our website with any questions! Go Gators!