May 3, 2020
Dear Swim Families,
We hope this finds you and yours healthy and safe. The purpose of this communication is to share some updates with you. As with any update, we will share the latest news we possibly can, knowing it can change “tomorrow”. Here are some:
1. Financial - We have received grant money for April from our LSC (Sierra Nevada Swimming) in the amount of $3,160. We expect the same for May and possibly June. We have applied and are waiting for approval for the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES ACT); specifically, the Payroll Protection Program. The combination of donations, the grant, and the possible PPP loan will enable us to retain our coaching staff, maintain club solvency, and consider reducing fund collections from members for the months of May and June.
2. Dues - Dues collected during the pool closure are considered donations to the Club and are very helpful in keeping our club solvent. Although the dues/donations are not required during the pool closure, we will continue to invoice members each month since that is the best mechanism we have to collect the donations. If you would like to request a suspension of your account while the pool is closed, please email Coach Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Pool Opening - As a partner with Vacaville Parks and Recreation (Walter Graham Aquatic Center), we are following their facility guidance forecasts. They in turn are following the State of California, Solano County and the City of Vacaville. In the meantime, the Club is providing information we receive from SNS and USA Swimming regarding this issue to the city for their consideration. At this time, we do not have any clear guidance on when we can get back into the pool
4. Zoom - In the meantime, we hope your swimmers can participate in their respective group Zoom video calls. These are a great way to stay connected as a team and with their Coach.
5. Meeting - Speaking of Zoom, we’d like to invite you to the Monthly Board Zoom Meeting, Thursday, May 21 2020 at 6:00pm. This meeting will be facilitated by our Board of Directors and Coaches and they will be providing as much information as possible. It provides a great opportunity for you to ask questions, provide feedback and voice any ideas or concerns. Plus, we’d love to see your faces since we cannot be on deck! The meeting Invite and Agenda will be emailed in advance.
6. Website - Please visit https://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?team=snsvsc if you haven’t lately. We have made some updates to our Team Handbook and added information regarding our Safe Sport Certification. We would love your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to sharing more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, we hope this information is helpful and we will continue to plan for the best. Thank you for your continued support of the Vacaville Swim Club. More to come…..
Your Vacaville Swim Club Board and Coaching Staff.