May 4, 2020
Dear ECAC Parents and Swimmers,
I hope this email finds you healthy and well. I have some great news! I have just been informed by Jimmy Davis, the Director of Palm Beach County Aquatics, that beginning Saturday May 2, 2020, Palm Beach County will be implementing Phase-1 of re-opening the pools. This protocol is focused solely on allowing lap swimmers into the facility.
Below are the County’s plans to re-open for lap swimming only, effective May 2nd.
- Lap Swimming Only (no organized team sports or programming ; the baby pool, diving boards and wells are closed at this time)
- Pool entry from the front gate ONLY
- 1 person per lane (Entry & Exit will be opposite for every lane; so odd lanes will enter/exit on one side of the pool and even lanes will enter/exit opposite side of the pool)
- Shower and Changing areas closed (restrooms are available)
- Deck and Lounge chairs will be removed
- Pool will be open Tuesday - Saturday from 8am - 5pm
- (4) Sessions each day: 8am - 10am | 10am - 12pm | 1pm - 3pm | 3pm -5pm
- Each session will allow swimming for 1.5 hours and then .5 hour for cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces
- First Come First Serve (limited availability)
- Reservations will be available online (Kamar is working on this and a link will be forthcoming)
- Credit Cards Only - (no cash or check accepted for walk-ins)
- Absolutely No Refunds for individuals reserving a lane and not showing up.
- Reservations are Non-Transferable
- Patrons are encouraged to wear masks when entering the facility and when speaking with staff.
I clarified with Jimmy Davis that I am able to be on the pool deck to provide workouts, however, I am unable to coach or remain on the pool deck.
If you are interested in attending open lap swimming, please respond to this email. I will make myself available to be at the pool on Tuesday through Thursday at 2:50. Please let me know as I will not attend unless requested/swimmers are attending that time slot. If those dates and times do not work for you, please let me know and I can make accommodations. All practices for the week will be sent out via email on Monday’s. A practice for Saturday (May 2nd) will be emailed on Friday. I will be writing appropriate workouts for Bronze, Silver, White, Gold, Senior Developmental, and National Groups. Please keep in mind that there will be no coach available on deck and swimmers will be on their own to complete practices.
For those of you who elect to take advantage of lap swimming, please remember that you must comply with the social distancing recommendations provided by the CDC, including, not congregating in the parking lot or on the pool deck. Please be mindful of these rules as we are excited about reaching Phase-2 of re-opening as soon as possible!
Tomorrow, I will provide all of the parents, along with the County, ECAC’s proposal for resuming regular practice. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly as all other coaches have been furloughed due to the COVID-19.
All accounts with ECAC and with the County will not be charged for May until we resume regular practices.
Wishing you all the best,
Head Coach Alison