May 18, 2020
EAST COAST AQUATIC CLUB
POST CORONA VIRUS ROLLOUT PRACTICE PROTOCOL
- Individuals must comply with all applicable federal, state, local and facility restrictions on public gatherings and social distancing requirements.
- Do not come to practice if you have a fever, discomfort or symptoms of COVID-19 as defined by the Center for Disease Control.
- All swimmers must practice social distancing on deck (no congregating for any reason, no physical contact, no handshakes, or high fives).
- Water bottles must be clearly labeled. Sharing water bottles is strictly prohibited.
- Swimmers will not be permitted to use ice machine, water spigots, or water fountains.
- Swimmers will not be allowed to leave equipment or mesh bags on the pool deck post practice. Equipment must be brought to and from practice each day.
- If you do not personally own the required equipment for your group, it is strongly suggested that you purchase it so that you can participate.
- Sharing of equipment such as goggles, caps, swimsuits, snorkels, etc. is strictly prohibited.
- Tie-back suits are not to be worn for practice.
- In accordance with the County guidelines, swimmers will not be allowed to use the locker rooms to change or shower before or after practices.
- The bathroom facilities should only be used in the case of an emergency. In the event the bathroom is needed, only one individual will be permitted in the bathroom at a time.
- Athletes will not be allowed in the weight room or ECAC office.
- Athletes will not be allowed to use any dryland equipment i.e. the weight equipment, medicine balls, soccer balls etc. Practices will not include dryland but swimmers are encouraged to continue dryland work outs from home.
- In the event of inclement weather (lightning), parents must stay in the parking lot due to the County’s rules for congregating no swimmers will be allowed to wait on deck during lightning delays. Swimmers will be directed to return to their cars until the pool reopens.
SPECIFIC GROUP/LANE PROCEDURES
- Arrival to practice should be 5 minutes prior to practice start time, no earlier.
- Swimmers who arrive more than 10 minutes late will not be allowed to participate in their group’s practice.
- Swimmers should arrive with their swimsuits and swim caps on and goggles adjusted. DO NOT ask teammates or coaches to put caps on or adjust goggles.
- Swimmers will enter through the front entrance and will be directed to their designated starting side (North or South side).
- During practice, the pool deck will be closed to parents, friends, and family members.
- Specific Group/Lane Procedures: Goal: Individuals maintain 6’ social distancing per lane as well as across the pool spacing.
- Individual Lanes are 7.5’ wide, this complies with suggested guidelines.
- Limit individuals to only 1 per side with both sides of lanes used (double ended starts) which will be starting from opposite sides of the pool (North and South side) to create sufficient physical distance between swimmers as possible.
- Coaches will maintain social distancing guidelines. Coaches will not be permitted to conduct group meetings or talk with swimmers without 6’ guidelines in place. In the event a Coach needs to speak directly with a swimmer, the meeting shall be limited - not to exceed five (5) minutes and the Coach and swimmer shall maintain 6’ apart.
- Coaches will not provide any in-water instruction for any group.
- Coaches will not execute any ‘hands on’ stroke corrections - only demonstrative corrections shall be permitted.
- No coach-parent meetings at facility. Virtual communication is allowed via email, text, phone call, or other forms of electronic communication.
- Parents will need to pick up swimmers immediately following practice.
- All billing will resume on June 1st.
- Coaching Fee’s must be paid through the County Park’s and Rec website ONLY.
- The process for setting up the account is easy. Simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to www.pbcsplash.com
- Hover over the “Online Services” tab at the top of the screen until a drop down menu appears and then click on “Register/Pay for a Program”.
- Click “Login” located on the upper right area of the page.
- Enter your login information. Your Username will be your HouseHold Number. Select “If you have an account with us, but you’ve forgotten your password, please click here.” The first time you log in after resetting your password you will need to use the household number as the username. You can update your username in your account settings.
- Once logged in, select “Program Registration”.
- Select the desired facility in the location area of the Activity Search Criteria and click search.
- Select the program & the correct monthly fee you would like to pay by clicking the plus sign.Please select your child’s group by the amount you pay, not the name of the group
- Add items to the cart, select the participant and click continue.
- Continue to payment.
- Be sure to complete the payment process, otherwise your selection will stay in your shopping cart & you will not be debited the monthly fee. You will know you have completed the payment process once you receive a receipt.
- Please register for auto pay before the first of the month.
- Please note that you will not be able to change or add members to your household. If you should need to add a member to your household you will need to contact the Aquacrest pool office.
ECAC PRACTICE GROUP SCHEDULE
DOLPHINS: Tuesday-Friday | 3:00 -
- Earliest arrival time: 2:55pm
- All Dolphin Group swimmers must be off the deck by 3:35pm
BRONZE: Tuesday-Saturday | 3:45 -
- Earliest arrival time: 3:40pm
- All Bronze Group swimmers must off the deck by 4:50pm
SILVER: Tuesday-Saturday |
- Earliest arrival time: 3:25pm
- All Silver swimmers must be off deck by 4:35pm
GOLD: Tuesday-Saturday |
- Earliest arrival time: 4:40pm
- All Gold Group swimmers must be off deck by 6:50pm
WHITE: Tuesday-Friday |
- Earliest arrival time: 5:25pm
- All White Group swimmers must be off deck by 7:05pm
DEVELOPMENTAL SENIOR: Tuesday -
Saturday | 5:00 - 7:00
- Earliest arrival time: 4:55pm
- All Developmental Senior Group swimmers must be off deck by 7:05pm
NATIONAL: Tuesday-Saturday |
- Earliest arrival time: 3:10pm
- All National swimmers must be off deck by 5:20pm
Please do not arrive earlier than your group’s earliest arrival time.
HOW TO DECLARE PRACTICE ATTENDANCE
To help streamline this process, swimmers who wish to attend practice will need to confirm their spot using the ECAC website.
- Go to www.ecacswim.com
- Select the tab at the top of the page labeled Event Signup.
- Select the tab Current and Upcoming.
- There you will see the list of available events.
- Select the week(s) you wish to RSPV.
- Any specific days you will not be able to participate in, please state that in the Note section.
- Practice RSVP events will be open Saturday 8:00am - Monday 2:00pm
Week of May 19-23: Practice RSVP Event will open all week.
RSVP Saturday 8:00am - Monday 2:00pm. Deadlines will begin May 23
FLORIDA GOLD COAST SWIMMING RETURN TO COMPETITION PLAN
- Day 1 of the Florida Gold Coast Return to Competition Plan shall be 30 days prior to the first day that the USA Swimming moratorium on sanctioned competition has expired AND one or more FGC teams have lawfully resumed training in their usual training facility for thirty days.
- From Day 1 until Day 30, Florida Gold Coast swimming will not sanction competition and will revoke existing sanctions for competition.
- From Day 31 until Day 60, Florida Gold Coast Swimming may grant sanction for limited timed finals competition. Limited competition refers to:
a. Closed intra-squad meets and time trials.
b. Dual meets.
c. Virtual dual, double-dual, triangular, or invitational-style meets.
- From Day 61 until Day 90, Florida Gold Coast Swimming may grant sanction for unrestricted timed finals or prelims and finals invitational-style meets in addition to the meet types described in Day 31 through Day 60.
- After day 90, Florida Gold Coast Swimming may grant sanction for LSC Championship meets.
- All competitions sanctioned by Florida Gold Coast Swimming must comply with all applicable federal, state, local and facility restrictions on public gatherings and social distancing requirements.
Thanks for your assistance during these unprecedented times. As further guidance is provided by Federal, State, and Local Government, the proposal will be amended to comply with same.