May 12, 2020
GSC Parents & Swimmers,
In this time of social distancing finding ways to connect to athletes and parents becomes even more important. This is a great time to get your club Safe Sport Recognized and required training is a part of that recognition. While parents and athletes can take the training through the USA Swimming Learn platform (learn.usaswimming.org) on their own time, clubs can also use this time to do it together. We are asking GSC parents and swimmers to take part in this opportunity by participating in a zoom presentation. These presentations are happening weekly by clicking the Zoom meeting link below at the specific time listed below.
Parents: Every Wednesday 3:00‐4:00pm EST
Athletes: Every Thursday 3:00‐4:00pm EST
Please help educate yourself as well as helping our club reach our goals of recognition. The meetings are secure and limited to 300 people per session.
There is also the opportunity to complete these independently instead of completing the zoom meeting if you wish, simply follow the steps below:
1. Visit www.usaswimming.org/learn.
2. Enter your last name, first name and date of birth into the search parameters boxes. Click “Search”.
3. Click “Continue” next to your name.
4. Click “Go to Learn”.
5. Select “Courses” at the top.
6. For athletes ages 12-18, click on the Safe Sport for Athletes course and complete the course using the prompts.
7. For athletes over the age of 18, click on SafeSport Training for Adult Athletes.
1. Visit https://learn.usaswimming.org/
2. Click “Register”.
3. Click “Create Account” in the Non-Member Access box.
4. Follow the prompts to register an account.
5. Click “Courses.”
6. In Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport, select “Add to Cart”.
7. Click “Checkout”.
8. Enter the requested billing address information and click “Order”. [Note: the course is free]
9. Click “Dashboard”.
10. Select the Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport course to start.
11. Complete the course using the prompts.