May 18, 2020
Swimming Event & Program Cancellations
As of May 18, 2020
To all Indiana Swimming
Below is a summary of the Indiana Swimming Event & Program Cancellations as of May 18, 2020.
In support of our recommended approach, and in a continued effort to ensure an even and level playing field among all our LSC’s, the USA Swimming Board of Directors has made the decision to revoke all existing USA Swimming sanctions and suspend granting sanctions through June 30, 2020. This action is intended to be the final prohibition on meet sanctioning (absent an adverse change in circumstances). While there are still significant safety considerations regarding meet sanctioning, including social distancing, travel, etc., the Board anticipates returning sanctioning control and discretion to LSC’s (subject to certain restrictions) in July.
Thank you for being our committed leaders as we have move through the challenges with a focus on the health and safety of our athletes, members, staff and volunteers.
Events in 2020
- TYR Pro Series Meet (May 6-9)-Cancelled
- Duel in the Pool (May 15-17)-Cancelled
- The Central Zone Open Water Championships (June 18-19) Cancelled
- Indiana Swimming Open Water State Meet (July 1)-Cancelled
- Swim Fest (July 16-19) -Cancelled
- Indiana Swimming Summer Championships (SRS, AGS, DIV)-Cancelled
- Speedo Summer Championships (Aug 4-8) -Cancelled
- 14 & U Central Zone Championships for 2020 (Aug 6-9)-Cancelled
Camps/Clinics in 2020
- Athlete Summit (Re-scheduled for September Date TBD)
- Mid-West Coaches Clinic (Re-Scheduled for September Date TBD)
- Fitter & Faster Green Flag Camps (Cancelled / Re-scheduled TBD)
- Multi-Cultural Camp (Cancelled /Rescheduled for 2021)
- Age Group Memorial Day Camp (May 22& 23) Cancelled
- 14-16 Senior Elite Camp (June 8-12) Cancelled
- Age Group Elite Camp at Olympic Trials (June 18-22) Cancelled
- Team Indiana Day at TYR Pro Series Cancelled
We will continue to take appropriate steps to ensure that every decision we make is one that with a focus on the health and safety of our athletes, members, staff and volunteers.