May 21, 2020
Here are some rules swimmers will need to follow through the Pandemic:
1) Swimmers must come and leave the YMCA in their suits! No showers, no changing in locker room, no deck changing is to take place.
2) Swimmers must bring water bottles, drinking fountains are not to be drank from.
3) Everyone who enters the building will need to have their temperature taken. anyone higher than 100.4 will not be allowed in the building and will have to follow more instructions before returning to the building.
4) Only 1 swimmer of each gender will be allowed to use the bathroom at a time.
5) Please stay 6 feet apart at all times. If someone has to be constantly reminded of this, they may have to stop their training until further notice.
6) Equipment bags will be taken home after each practice until further notice.
7) Please put your clothes in swim bag that you bring to the YMCA, then after practice after you are dry will put clothes back on. Once again swimmers are not to change in locker room.
8) Please stay home if you are sick or do not feel well!!!
9) It would be great that swimmers can wear face masks in the building until you are ready to get in the water, then again as you leave the facility.
10) SWIMMERS CANNOT SHARE EQUIPMENT (WHICH WE WON'T USE ANY THE FIRST WEEK) OR WATER BOTTLES!!!
Spy coaches are excited to have swimmers begin to start training. We have missed everyone and we hope that you and your family and friends are safe through this enduring time. We are happy that the YMCA has allowed us to try to move forward. But on that note the YMCA expects us to follow the rules above, if certain swimmers can't follow then they might be asked to leave and not train until everything gets back to normal!