May 22, 2020
Please see my long email below :-). Our board has been working tirelessy on this crazy swim season. If you have any questions, I will answer them Tuesday morning as I am going to the lake for the weekend. If you have something that needs immediate attention, feel free to text me at (816) 786-3921.
Please have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. We appreciate our New Mark coaches, athletes and families!
With much gratitude on behalf of the New Mark Stingray Board:
New Mark Families,
Lots of information to share with you. We are so lucky to have any type of season. I know this goes without saying to my New Mark families because you are all so gracious…but please be patient with us as we navigate this season. We are committed to your safety and the sport of swim and are doing our very best to make this possible for our athletes.
- “Meet the Coach will be Tuesday May 26 th from 5:30-7:30pm. It will look a little different this year.
Our coaches will be outside in the parking lot ready to wave and wish you luck for the season. Nobody will exit their car. Families will enter from New Mark Dr., turn left into the parking and exit right. We will bring you a hard copy of our practice guidelines and you can also bring payment if you have not yet paid. You can also pay via PayPal: email@example.com
“Meet the Coach” will be followed in the next few days by a zoom meeting from Coach Jack and I to answer any questions you may have about the season. Time and date TBD. An invite will be emailed.
- Swim team practice will start June 1 st provided the pool opens on time. Families will be notified if this date changes.
- Please see guidelines on practice procedures (last bullet point on this email). They are very important. They are still being refined. Each family will have a waiver to sign this year regarding the corona virus. This is currently still being drafted. Please know if you feel uncomfortable signing this waiver we understand and will fully refund you.
- No refunds will be given after the first week of practice.
- Due to social distancing guidelines, we will not have Rookie’s this season. If you are already signed up we will be contacting you. We hate to do this and look forward to seeing them next year. I will email each of you Tuesday to facilitate your refund if you are owed one.
- Practice times as follows Monday-Friday: (we have extended each practice)
- June will only consist of practice and gradually inter-squad meets by age group. USA Swimming will not sanction meets for June.
- July USA swimming will consider dual meets. At that time we will re-evaluate safety guidelines and decide is this is feasible.
- Conference is still being decided and more will come out at a later date. We are just happy to put kids in the water.
- All swimmers will receive a team shirt. You will receive an email when we distribute.
- GREAT NEWS! Coming soon we will have a link to order suits, goggles, caps etc. We will also for a link for spirit wear. And our spirit wear is AWESOME THIS YEAR!
- Covid Practice Guidelines: /recnnnmsst/UserFiles/Image/QuickUpload/2020-nm-covid-practice-guidelines-1-_060621.docx