June 1, 2020
MAC Parents and Athletes,
This was sent out by the Murray Rec Center last week, and uploaded to our MAC facebook account. But for anyboyd who hasn't seen it yet, please read the statement below from the Murray Rec Center.
Opening Dates for The Park Center & Outdoor Aquatic Center!
In accordance with the Utah Leads Together plan and with guidance from the Salt Lake County Health Department, Murray City is moving forward with a phased re-opening of The Park Center and Outdoor Aquatic Center. To ensure the safety of patrons and staff, each facility will open under modified operating procedures in compliance with current state health guidelines. All amenities will be subject to social distancing guidelines, reasonable precautions, and strict hygiene recommendations.
1. The center has been cleaned, disinfected, sanitized and steamed!
2. We will open The Park Center gym, fitness areas and comp pool to members and new members June 1–12, 2020, from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Mon–Fri. The center will open to the general public beginning on June 15, 2020.
3. The Outdoor Aquatic Center will open on Friday, June 12, 2020 from 12-6 p.m. Mon-Sun.
4. Programing is expected to resume in July. All Spring Seasonal and Monthly registrations will be transferred to the Summer 2020 season.
5. All areas are subject to social distancing and increased personal hygiene.
6. Expect lower capacities in open areas. The use of areas will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work to provide our services in a safe and healthy manner. If you need additional information or have a specific question about what is open, please call (801) 284-4272 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
What this means for us is that the Rec Center is open for personal use, but regular programming will not resume until July. In further discussions, I have been told that it is unclear as to what extent regular programming will be allowed. It is possible that we will be able to resume our full practice schedule in July, but it is also just as likely that it will be a step-by-step process with restrictions and limitations being gradually lifted. Right now we don't know so we are just waiting to see how the situations progresses.
I appreciate your patience through all of this. Keep your families safe, I cannot wait to see you all again and get back into the pool!