June 18, 2020
Summer clinic registration will close tomorrow, Friday June 19th at 11 pm. Once registration closes, we will evaluate our capacity and invite new sibling swimmers from winter clinic to join if there is capacity.
- parents are NOT permitted on the pool deck or on the breezeway regardless of swimmer's age - parents may wait in their car in the parking lot
- if the rec center opens locker rooms to the public, TFS will NOT be using locker rooms (unless a parent wants to volunteer to disinfect the locker rooms after each practice) - contact us at email@example.com if you would like to volunteer for this job
- review the detailed guidelines previously communicated (copied below)
- if you are currently registered and not willing to comply with these guidelines or changed your mind regarding participating in summer clinic for other reasons, please email us to request to withdraw your registration for a full refund by Friday 6/18 at 11 pm - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review the rules and guidelines below and review these rules with your swimmers!!
The Summer Clinic will mirror our Winter Clinic in that we will not have any meets, there will be two practice days a week for each age group, and we will focus on form and conditioning. This will be a six week clinic beginning June 22 thru July 31. And the fee is $60 per swimmer.
Due to the social distancing guidelines that we will be following, we will have a limited number of spots for swimmers. Each age group will be capped at 18. Registration will open on June 15 for all returning swimmers from the 2019 season. We caution anyone who wants their swimmer to participate to not wait.
We are abiding by the USA Swimming Guidelines for Facility Re-Openings as the guiding principles for operating during this time. Things to know before returning to the pool:
- You’ve been missed!
- Please wash your hands or use sanitizer before going to the pool
- Maintain proper social distance, at least six feet, when on the pool deck or in the pool
- Do not make physical contact with anyone, such as shaking hands or giving high fives
- Remember the rules for sneezing or coughing, try to do so in your upper sleeve/arm area or use a tissue if possible
- Avoid touching any unnecessary surfaces at the pool, such as the gate, benches, fences, etc.
- No sharing towels, food, or drinks
- Bring your own water bottle to practices
Wear your suit to and
from practice - the locker rooms will be closed
- The locker rooms at the rec center will be closed and unavailable for use during practice. This means no changing or showering before or after practice. Please take this into consideration when preparing for swim practice.
- The bathrooms in the front breezeway are open - please limit use.
- Parents are not allowed to linger on the pool deck or in the breezeway, you are welcome to stay in your car in the parking lot if you do not wish to leave practice.
- The pool equipment will be sanitized between practices and all surfaces will be cleaned by coaches at the end of every evening.
Swimmers will not be permitted on the pool deck if they or anyone
with whom they reside:
- Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
- Have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Are a vulnerable individual - a vulnerable individual is a person with underlying conditions or considered to be at a higher risk demographic as outlined by jurisdictional, state, or federal guidelines.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or contact Ashley Flick, our board secretary, as she will be the liaison for the team with regards to our policy and any updates.
2020 Summer Clinic Practice Schedule:
8 & U: Monday and Wednesday 6 - 7 pm
9 & 10: Monday and Wednesday 7 - 8 pm
11 & 12: Tuesday and Thursday 6 - 7 pm
13 & 14: Tuesday and Thursday 7 - 8 pm
15 - 18: Tuesday and Thursday 8 - 9 pm
DUE TO GUIDELINES, YOU MUST STICK TO YOUR ASSIGNED PRACTICE DAYS AND TIMES!
To Register for Summer Clinic:
To start the process you must be logged out. From the home page (logged out) click on the "start registration" link on the right side of the page (the link should be right under the sign in link - again, do NOT sign in, yet). Click the start registration link - then click "Continue" and follow instructions from there. Our online registration process collects the swimmers’ full legal names as well as their parents’ or guardians’ names; a home address and telephone number, cell phone number, email address and emergency and medical information. In addition, you will electronically "sign" the required waivers and acknowledgments required by the team and the League.
We do not share this information with anyone beyond the information that the League requires us to submit to register all of our swimmers with the League each season.
As part of the registration process, you will need to pay your registration fees ONLINE or by check or cash at the Swim Team Office during practice hours.
This system also allows us to send out email and text messages for important announcements or to deliver account statements to our families. Because the information you enter when setting up your family’s account updates all the critical processes for us, it is important that you fill out the online forms as accurately and completely as possible.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org