June 23, 2020
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
We are pleased to report that the remodel is nearing completion. This week, our contractor, Mallet, will be finalizing our punch-list, the parking area is being seal-coated and striped and numerous building inspections will be taking place. (Please keep out of the parking area until we are open.) We can’t wait to share our beautiful new building with you!
Over the next few weeks, we will be
working very hard to get the pool and grounds in a
condition where we can safely open to the Membership in a
Limited Capacity. As you are likely aware, King County has entered
into “Phase Two” of the Governor's "Safe Start Washington" recovery plan and,
new guidance has been issued for recreational activities, including
Given these newest developments, your Board has decided to begin opening up the club to some LIMITED activities. Other tough decisions have been made that we need to communicate to you.
- On Monday, July 6th, we plan to open the pool for Lap Swim only. In accordance with the state guidance, this will be by reservation-only-45 minute sessions, open to six memberships (ages 12+) at a time, one membership per lane for up to 3 people from the same family/same lane.
- It is important to understand that this will be an opportunity
for lap swimming only, not free/open swim, and it will be heavily
regulated. More detailed instructions will be provided in the next
week, and we hope to be able to start taking reservations
by next Friday (July 3rd). So, if you are interested, please
be on the lookout for specific instructions.
- Sadly, under the current guidelines, we will not be able to
open the pool for Open Swim, including use of
the pool deck, locker rooms, BBQs, play areas, etc., until we reach
Phase 3 in King County. It does not look like that will be possible
until mid-July at the earliest and even that seems optimistic.
Please also note while under these Phase 2 Guidelines we will not
be allowing any Guests into the facility at this time.
- Swim Team: Swim Team is going to tentatively start on Monday, July 13th in the form of week-long Stroke Improvement Sessions where the kids will have 25-35 minutes of swimming (depending on the age group) Monday-Friday. More information will be coming out about this in the next week of two.
- Dive Team: At this time, we are not planning to have a DIVE season for 2020. We will however try to have some dive team lessons as the COVID phases and restrictions allow. This will be determined after the pool opening, what phase we are in and what is allowed. Please send Carla Weller an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in lessons. We will keep you informed of what and when that will be happening.
- Swim Lessons: Due to COVID restrictions we currently do not have a plan for swim lessons at this point. If the restrictions ease up we may be able to offer some type of lesson in the future. We will keep you informed as new developments take place.
As we get more information and make other decisions regarding this season, we will be sure to share them with the rest of the membership.
The Board is committed to keeping everyone safe and to follow
all of the guidelines as mandated by the state. We are also
committed to work hard to update our policies and procedures as the
guidelines change in a timely manner. With a new facility and
our current COVID-19 restrictions we will have new processes and
policies in place and there will no doubt be hiccups. We ask for
your patience and understanding during this trying time.
Thank you and Go Sharks!
Your NPSC Board of Directors