New Practice Times
We are excited about resuming
practices. Except for Gold/Platinum, there will only be one group
in the water at a time. Below are the practice times beginning June
29th and extending through July.
7:45 - 9:00 AM, Monday-Friday
(practice will gradually begin earlier in the morning as we
rebuild our training duration)
9:00 - 9:55 AM, Monday-Friday
5:40 - 6:20 PM, Monday-Thursday
6:30 - 7:10 PM,
Blue 1 Monday & Wednesday
Blue 2 Tuesday & Thursday
7:15 - 8:10 PM, Monday - Thursday
5:00 - 5:55 PM, Friday
New Practice Rules / COVID-19
In light of the current
restrictions and guidelines, there are a few new rules
that we must adopt to continue practices and they are as
1) If you have COVID-19, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been
around someone diagnosed with COVID-19, you will not be allowed to
- Some symptoms include fever and/or cough, please
consult the CDC
website for a comprehensive list (all employees will also
be screened each day).
2) Locker rooms will be closed,
except as needed for emergency restroom use only.
- Swimmers must arrive and leave in their
- Swimmers should enter the gate with their cap
already on, so as to limit person-to-person contact as much as
- Swimmers are encouraged to use the restroom
before coming to the pool.
- No more than one swimmer should use the restroom
facilities at a time.
3) Parents are not allowed on the
pool deck/within the fence.
- Parents are allowed to observe from outside of
the fence, but are encouraged to maintain 6 feet of separation from
other parents at all times.
- The bleachers outside of the fence are closed,
please do not sit on these.
- Parents are also permitted to wait in their
cars, if this is preferable.
- If you need to speak with a coach, please make
an appointment by emailing email@example.com
4) Parents should not leave the
location during practice.
- Swimmers will be required to leave the gate
immediately at the conclusion of practice, and will then be assumed
to be under their parent's supervision.
5) Swimmers will be given specific
instructions for maintaining appropriate distancing in the facility
during practice. Any swimmer who fails to comply with the
instructions given by their coach will be asked to leave
- There will be separate entry and exit
- Swimmers will not be allowed to enter the
designated entry gate until 5 minutes before their start
- Swimmers are expected to maintain 6’
distances both inside and outside of the gate. No
- The bleachers inside the gate will not be for
seating, these will only be used for swim bags and towels, and will
be sanitized between practice groups.
- During practice, swimmers will be given assigned
spots in a lane to maintain throughout the practice time. Members
of the same household will be allowed to share a place in the
6) Swimmers MUST bring their own
goggles, or they will not be permitted to swim. We will not be
loaning any goggles or allowing swimmers to share
- Swimmers are encouraged to bring their own
- If a swimmer does not have their own equipment,
there will be kick boards and pull buoys provided.
- There will be a drop off point for borrowed kick
boards and buoys, so that they can be sanitized.
- Fins and hand paddles will not be provided.
These items should not be needed for the first week. Email if you
would like equipment recommendations (Blue group swimmers do not
need fins and paddles).
- Each swimmer will have a designated spot to
store their equipment on the pool deck, but any personal equipment
should be very clearly labeled with your swimmer’s
- Equipment bags are not allowed to be left at the
pool after practice. If you have an equipment bag that was left at
the pool before the closure, it should be taken home after your
appreciate your cooperation and patience as we navigate a return to
practice amidst the current regulations and guidelines. We hope to
create an environment where everyone feels comfortable, while
having fun practicing with their teammates. If you have any
questions, please feel free to ask.
Our summer swim lessons are underway with our next class starting
July 6th, and we now have an email subscription list to notify you
when new classes are open for registration. The email sign up list,
as well as more information on our lessons, can be found here.
A Note from the Coach:
This has been a difficult time for
everyone. Our athletes have spent three months out of the water,
and they are not alone, this has been experienced by swimmers all
over the country. Now, we are returning to training, and things are
going to look a little different. We have hope that we will see a
return to what we previously knew as normal, but in the meantime we
need to work together to navigate these uncertain and
challenging waters and reclaim our team culture and spirit.
We know swimmers (along with all of us, if we're honest) may
have forgotten a few good habits, so we want to take a moment to
remind you of some best-practices:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. It is HOT in July,
and athletes need water to replenish their bodies. Due to current
restrictions, we will not have waters available for swimmers at the
pool. Please be sure to bring water to practice.
- Healthy snacks, before and after practice. About
an hour before practice, try to eat high-quality carbs for energy.
After practice recovery snacks include bananas, nuts, cherries,
etc. Appropriate fuel before practice and healthy recovery snacks
after practice will be a vital part of a safe return to
- Adequate rest. We know everyone's schedules have
been thrown way off by the extended disruption to their regular
schedules. It's important to make sure our athletes are getting
adequate rest. Our bodies heal and repair while we sleep. If
swimmers have been staying up late, start moving toward healthier
sleep patterns. Turning screens off at least one hour before your
targeted bed time will improve sleep quality.
In the upcoming
weeks of our return to training, we will be focused
We know everyone is anxious to return to
competition. We hope to be able to announce a preliminary meet
schedule in the near future.
building endurance and strength
Drill and kicking