July 5, 2020
CWAC Parents and Swimmers,
We really need your help to make our club a better, safer and more protected place for our membership to thrive. USA Swimming has a program called “SAFE SPORT”. USA Swimming is committed to safeguarding all of its members with the welfare of its athlete members as top priority. Safe Sport is USA Swimming’s comprehensive abuse prevention program and provides tools for swim clubs to educate their members and intervene in risky situations.
The Chicago Wolfpack Aquatic Club, fully endorse and support USA Swimming’s Safe Sport and Safety programs by helping to provide resources for our club members on our website.
Our goal, as a team, is to become a “Safe Sport Recognized” club by USA Swimming. In order to do this, certain requirements must be met. Some of which include learning exercises for our swim parents and athletes. We need all of our swim parent and athletes to take a quick course online with USA Swimming. USA Swimming will track the number of people that take the quick online training program from our team and we will be awarded points based on our completion rate. The more parents and swimmers that participate, the better.
Please help our team by taking a few minutes to complete a training exercise that will help to protect our swimmers and our membership.
- Safe Sport Training For Minors (ages 12-17) - click here
- Safe Sport Training For Parents - click here
- 18&Over Swimmers Athlete Protection Training - click here
PLEASE follow the instructions below:
1. Please click “Register” for parents and
2. On the right, please click “Create Account” for Non-Member access to LEARN
3. Please fill in all of the required personal information and be sure to select “Illinois Swimming” as your LSC and "Chicago Wolfpack Aquatic Club" for your club.
4. Select “Courses”
5. Click the “Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport” or “Safe Sport for Athletes” box and follow the directions until completion.
6. If you are a current member of USA swimming, whether a parent or an athlete, please use your login information and navigate to the Safe Sport Training Area for these exercises.
Thank you to everyone for your help with this matter! It is extremely important and we hope that everyone will take the time to make CWAC a safer place. Please let me know if you have any questions.