July 6, 2020
Eagle Aquatic Team Covid-19 Action Plan
- We will eliminate use of low ventilated spaces and rooms that prevent social distancing.
- There will be no changing or showering in locker rooms. Coaches will be standing at locker room doors, not entering, after practice to discourage and remind swimmers there is no changing or showering in locker room.
- Swimmers will also not be allowed to leave any of their items in the locker rooms. All personal items will be left on bleachers and spaced 6 ft apart.
- Eagles will have visible marks, tape or cones, to indicate appropriate spacing on the pool deck, behind blocks, on bleachers, and on the floor.
- No Parents will be allowed to attend practices. Parents must leave their swimmers at the door, preferably they drop them off and leave swimmers to walk into building themselves. And pick them up outside waiting in their cars.
- Swimmer and coaches must adhere to 6 ft social distancing when on deck.
- Swimmers will need to use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the building.
- Doors will be left open to keep contact with high touch surfaces to a minimum.
- At the end of practice swimmers and coaches will wipe down all doors, bleachers, blocks, and any other high touch surfaces with a ½ cup bleach to 1 gallon water ratio cleaning solution.
- Swimmers will be required to have all their own equipment. There will be no sharing or using Eagles equipment. All swimmers must have their own goggles, a back-up pair of goggles, kick board, pull buoy (HS, SR), paddles (HS, SR, JR), and snorkel (HS, SR). Swimmers may have their own water bottle.
- SAFE PRACTICES/ PPE Recommendations:
- A coach will ask swimmers as they come into practice, if they feel ill in any way, and send home those athletes reporting feeling ill or experiencing symptoms.
1. Fever or chills
3. Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
5. Muscle or body aches
7. New loss of taste or smell
8. Sore throat
9. Congestion or runny nose
10. Nausea or vomiting
- Swimmers/coaches, who begin to cough/sneeze for any reason, must move away from others until coughing/ sneezing dissipates.
- All swimmers and coaches will be required to wear masks when entering and exiting the building. Eagle will not be able to provide masks for swimmers. Swimmers must have their own.
- All personal items must be spaced 6 ft apart.
Safety Measures during
1. Athlete will use staggered starts of at least 5 seconds to keep a social distance of 6 feet apart.
2. Athletes will work out from both sides of the pool and practice using the lap layout map attached. Right side lane lines will be marked 6 ft from edge of pool to help swimmers identify where to stand while circle swimming .
A request to Increase water sanitation level- it is recommended to keep chlorine closer to 2.0 PPM
• Swimmers must see a physician and be cleared for training after being diagnosed or suspected to have COVID-19.
• There is no penalty for missing practice if any swimmer, or any member of their family does not feel well, the swimmer should stay home.