July 6, 2020
Eagles is Back. Ok Really this time! After a lot of back and forth between Skyline and the district Eagles will be starting on Wednesday the July 8th of this week. We will only be swimming Wednesday the 8th and Thursday the 9th of this week due to coaches schedules.
Unfortunately, last week I was informed that the Skyline pool's leak has not been repaired enough for us to return to our pool. The contractor is coming in in August to repair it prior to school staring so we would be unable to use the pool in August, even if it had been available to use this month. SO, we will be swimming at Taylorsville High School, 5225 Redwood Rd. I know this makes it hard for some parents to get their kids to swimming. Please reach out to other swimmers families, I am sure our swim parents, or a swim friend (HS) would be happy to help carpool swimmers if need be,
High School (nationals): 9-11 am- Time for HS was changed to better accommodate swimmers with multiple swimmers as well as coaches.
Novice/Eaglets (summer only): 11 am-12:30 pm
Juniors and Seniors:: 11 am -12:30 pm
Covid-19 has put a bit of a damper on this year. But we are going to move forward, carefully and cautiously. We are following CDC and health department guidelines. They do not have a recommenced number of swimmers per lane, as the virus is inactivated by the chlorine and there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be transmitted through water. We will try to keep our numbers down to 5 per lane and encourage social distancing in the pool. If we have enough novice swimmers sign up we will split our groups and move Juniors and Seniors to 12-1:30. This is dependent upon numbers, So bear with us if we need to change that to keep our numbers down.
All swimmers must be registered prior to attending practice. A signed Covid-19 agreement must be in hand for your swimmer to attend practice this year. If you are new to Eagles and would like to try, you may come and try swimming 1 time for free. Please bring the signed waiver on our website and hand to a coach.. If you are not registered, or a first time swimmer with a form, . This is for safety of our coaches and swimmers and roll is required by the CDC and health department to be taken everyday to ensure contact tracing.
- All swimmers will be required to wear masks into the pool and out of the building.
- Swimmers must maintain 6 feet social distance from other swimmers while entering, exiting, and on deck.
- Swimmers must place all belongings, except those within a family, 6 feet apart.
- Age group swimmers cannot enter the pool until high school swimmers have left and a coach or high school captain has told them they can enter.
- Swimmers please sanitize hands before and leaving the pool
- There will be no parents allowed on deck. This is to limit exposure to both our parents, coaches and swimmers.
- There will be markers in place on the deck behind the blocks.
- The CDC and health department do not have a specific number of people per lane requirement. We will try to keep this down to 5 people, swimming from both sides of the pool, and will have lane lines marked at 6 feet to encourage social distancing in the pool. The virus is inactivated by the chlorine, so this helps considerably when they are in the water. There is also no evidence that it can be transmitted through water.
- High Schoolers and senior age group will need to wipe down all high touch surfaces with a bleach solution following their practice. Captains or coaches will designate 4-5 people each day. If you are not comfortable with this please let me know, but we would like all of our swimmers to understand and take responsibility for good hygiene, their team mates, and the pool.
- There will be no changing or showering in the locker rooms. These are small spaces and have poor ventilation. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Swimmers will be required to have all their own equipment. There will be no sharing or using Eagles equipment. All swimmers must have their own goggles, a back-up pair of goggles, kick board, pull buoy (HS, SR), paddles (HS, SR, JR), and snorkel (HS, SR). Swimmers may have their own water bottle. We will not have any extra kickboards, goggles, or pull buoys at Taylorsville. This also limits the spread of germs.
- If swimmers are feeling ill PLEASE STAY HOME.
- STAY HOME if anyone in your family has been sick.
- STAY HOME for 72 hours if you have had any direct contact with someone who has been confirmed to have COVID-19
- DO NOT ATTEND PRACTICE if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Swimmers who have been confirmed of COVID-19 must quarantine for 2 weeks from diagnosis and be cleared by a doctor, with a note, to return to practice.
- Please take this seriously. We all want to return to the water safely. Wear a mask and practice good hygiene and social distancing AT AND AWAY from the pool.
Help us help each other
Summer dues have been raised this year. We are sorry for this, but the district has enacted several COVID-19 cleaning fees that double our rent. Eagles is a non-profit LLC. We operate on very small margins, between paying rent, payroll, and our numbers of swimmers needed to be limited this summer, we had to raise our dues to account for this. Once the district has removed these fees we will be able to drop our dues.
We are so excited to get your swimmers back into the water! Registration is Open!
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Eagle Aquatic Team