Safe Sport Recognition Club Incentive
July 7, 2020
The USA Swimming Safe Sport Club Recognition program (SSRP) demonstrates a member club is committed to creating a healthy, inclusive and positive environment, free from abuse, for all its members by developing and implementing Safe Sport policies, reporting mechanisms, Safe Sport best practices and training for athletes and parents. Currently, 16 Indiana clubs have earned Safe Sport Recognition.
At the national level, USA Swimming has developed its Keeping Athletes First Action Plan, which just rolled out an exciting incentive for our Safe Sport Recognized clubs.
Any club achieving Safe Sport Club Recognition will be automatically entered in a monthly drawing for the chance to have a National Team member or alum visit your club. This is an exciting opportunity to have a conversation, clinic and/or take photos with one of these athletes at no cost to the team. Current SSRP clubs and any newly-recognized clubs will be entered.
The drawings started on July 2. They will continue through December 1, 2021.
- Clubs can only win one time.
- Winners picked at random and notified via email.
- The visit will be scheduled at the convenience of the club and athlete and will take place on a single day.
- The visit may take place in-person or virtually, at USA Swimming’s discretion.
- There will be no cost to your club for the visit.
For more information on this incentive and the official rules, please visit here.
If you have any questions regarding the incentive, please email the Safe Sport Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Leads to Recognition
Safe Sport recognition starts with training for athletes 12-and-over, as well as their parents. Parents and athletes can take the training through the USA Swimming Learn platform (learn.usaswimming.org) on their own time. But clubs can also conduct group training in a single session.
Access the training:
You must first download the courses through your USA Swimming membership on the Learn platform. Click on the course links below for download instructions:
Scheduling a time to get all your athletes or parents together can be a challenge. The USA Swimming Safe Sport staff has set up Zoom group training for parents and athletes to assist you with this.
Upcoming July 2020 training schedule:
- Wednesday, July 15 at 3:00 p.m. EST https://zoom.us/j/93724361466?pwd=OVF4RFlNZFpaMHhqSEVVRGwzbmpQUT09
- Wednesday, July 29 at 8:00 p.m. EST https://zoom.us/j/93724361466?pwd=OVF4RFlNZFpaMHhqSEVVRGwzbmpQUT09
Athlete Trainings (12-18 years old):
- Thursday, July 16 at 3:00 p.m. EST https://zoom.us/j/97633664936?pwd=YnpXZmljME5PcldacW9ZQ0w5YTFIZz09
- Thursday, July 30 at 8:00 p.m. EST https://zoom.us/j/97633664936?pwd=YnpXZmljME5PcldacW9ZQ0w5YTFIZz09
- Friday, July 17 at 3:00 p.m. EST https://zoom.us/j/98698656108?pwd=NzQ5TGdjWkRDc0Irck9tWHpJL1hkQT09
The coaches training is not a requirement of SSRP. This session is provided by the Safe Sport staff to walk coaches through the steps to become a Safe Sport Recognized Club and how to communicate Safe Sport initiatives to club membership.
Attendance will be taken during the training. The USA Swimming Safe Sport Staff will update your club’s training numbers once your members finish the session.
If your club has not started the Safe Sport Recognition application, here is the link to instructions on how to get started: https://www.usaswimming.org/ssrp
As always, if you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me:
Paul Stauder - Safe Sport Coordinator