Scholastic All America Applications Open Now Through August 20
July 7, 2020
The application for the 2019-2020 year is now available online at the USA Swimming website from June 1, 2020 to August 20, 2020.
- The only method for application will be the online application on the USA Swimming website.
- Applicants will be required to have a USA Swimming account.
- Qualifying pool times for the applicant will be validated through Times on the USA Swimming website (time MUST be in SWIMS and have been achieved by August 16, 2020).
- Applicants must upload a complete transcript for the first semester of the 2019-2020 academic year. Due to the COVOD-19 pandemic, only the first semester grades will be considered this year.
- Applicant must have been a member at the time of the swim and a current member when applying for the 2019-2020 SAA team.
- Applicant must have all application documents completed by August 20, 2020. Late applications will NOT be accepted or considered.
- Grade completion requirement – applicant must have completed 9th, 10th 11th or 12th grade
- GPA Requirement – minimum
3.5 GPA for the current academic
- A=4, B=3, C=2. If numerical grades are used, the following scale will be used unless the school’s letter grade conversion is given on the transcript: A=90-100; B=80-89; C=70-79. In calculating the GPA no rounding will be used – one decimal place only.
- Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, PLTW courses, and dual credit college level academic courses will earn one half (.5) extra Grade Point. Grades for academic subjects only are calculated – history/social studies, English, mathematics, sciences, foreign languages, computer sciences, visual and performing arts if indicated as academic. A grade lower than a C in an academic subject will mean automatic rejection of the applicant. Grades for non-academic courses will NOT be calculated – art, band, orchestra, choir, home economics, health, driver education, physical education, shop, etc. and any other class marked as non-academic will not be included in the GPA calculation (unless transcript indicates ‘academic’ or AP or IB).
- There will be no special status designation for a 4.0 GPA other than for a national champion who also has a 4.0 GPA.
- Pool Requirements
- Applicants must have swum an individual pool time equal to or faster than the 2019 Winter Junior qualifying time in any individual event during the SAA qualifying period (August 16, 2019 – August 16, 2020) with qualifying times in SWIMS – list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website. A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process. Only ONE time is necessary and only ONE application is necessary.
- Disability/Para may also qualify
for Scholastic All America by competing in a qualifying meet
- 2019 USA Paralympic Swimming Nationals, December 6-8, 2019, Lewisville, TX
- 2020 Jimi Flowers Classic, January 18-19, 2020, Colorado Springs, CO
- 2020 World Para World Series, February 14-16, 2020, Melbourne, Australia
To apply for the SAA team for 2019-2020
- Go to the USA Swimming Home Page or any page on the site.
- In the upper right corner, click
on “Sign In”.
- If you do not have an account, click on the link to “create account” and follow the instructions.
- If you have an account, simply
type your log in name and your password in the appropriate
- Make sure the account you have signed in with is linked to your (the athlete’s) USA Membership account. (If you are unsure of the link, go to My Account, Membership Information, where you can either link with ‘Click Here’ or Unlink to check the linked membership record and re-link.) You will not be able to access the SAA application without being logged in and linked to the athlete’s Membership account.
- Once you are sure you are
correctly linked to your athlete
registration, navigate to the SAA Application page
(Resources, Browse More, Times, SAA, SAA Requirements, click on
link to SAA Application and complete the application. Make sure you
SUBMIT the application. If you cannot
complete the application, SAVE your work
so you can go back again to finish.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email sent to your Deck Pass log in email.
- If you do not receive confirmation immediately upon submission please contact us IMMEDIATELY so that we can check the status of your application.
- Western and Central Zones Contact Person: Betty Kooy at email@example.com
- Montana Swimming applicants may also contact Susan Huckeby at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please copy your parent or guardian and include your parent's or guardian's email in all communication with the SAA committee. Failure to do so will delay any response.
- Your high school transcript for
the first semester for the 2019-2020 school year must be uploaded
for your application to be complete.
- Note that school transcripts are the only documentation accepted for the Scholastic All America application (PDF or JPG files). Word documents will NOT be accepted. Grade cards and report cards will NOT be accepted. Only grades for your application to be complete. You must have completed the 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade to apply. Only grades for the first semester of 2019-2020 school year will be used to determine your GPA.
- When a committee member has completed evaluation of the materials, you will be notified of either acceptance (automated from USA Swimming to Deck Pass Log-in email) or rejection via email (from committee member).
- Note: Applications are only accepted from ATHLETES! The athlete must complete the application.