July 12, 2020
LEXD POSITIVE COVID-19 TEST PROCEDURE
1. Should a swimmer test positive or is otherwise diagnosed with COVID‐19, Lexington Dolphins will require the following measures:
a. The swimmer should do ONE of the following:
i. Self-quarantine a minimum of 14 days from the positive test and be symptom free for 72 hours prior to return
ii. Receive a negative viral test, self-quarantine a minimum of 72 hours, be symptom free, and present a doctor’s note
* If a second negative viral test for the virus is recommended by your healthcare provider, that test would also need to be negative prior to returning to the pool.
b. The facility that the swimmer has trained or worked with in the last 48 hours will not have practice for a minimum of 24 hours
c. The family of swimmers who have trained in the same lane or adjacent lanes to the swimmer will be notified
d. The swimmer name will remain confidential per legal requirements
e. Antibody Test will not be used for returning to the pool: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/testing.html for link to differences in COVID-19 Testing
i. A viral test tells you if you have a current infection
ii. An antibody test tells you if you had a previous infection or may still be infected
2. Should a swimmer have close contact (within six feet) for a prolonged period of time (15 minutes or more) with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID‐19 or is presumed to be COVID‐19 positive, the following measures will be required:
a. The swimmer should following the below protocols:
i. A minimum of 72-hour symptom free self‐quarantine, a negative viral test, and a doctor’s note
* If a second negative test for the virus is recommended by your health care provider, that test would also need to be negative prior to returning to the pool and a doctor’s note.
* No additional close contact with the infected individual
LEXD Staff: There are standard operating procedures in place for LEXD coaches and staff to follow should they become exposed or have a positive test.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019‐ncov/symptoms‐testing/testing.html for a link to the CDC’s page on Testing for Covid‐19
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019‐ncov/php/public‐health‐recommendations.html for a link to the CDC’s page on Public Health Guidance for Community – Related Exposure