Considerations for Meet Referees for meets during COVID
July 18, 2020
For all Meet Referees and any other officials. This document comes from the National Offiicals Committee. It uses common sense. A few highlights of this document are:
- no clipboard
- bring a personal water bottle
- no officials briefing, yes it's been long time, but make sure everyone reads the rules prior
- no DQ slips use a DQ report from meet manager to notify coaches after the meet. We do not verbally notify although you can ask coaches ahead of time and ask what they'd want without using a DQ slip
- only the starter handles the mic. You should have disinfectant wipes near by.
- maintain social distance 6 feet apart, may train officials but stand a lane apart
- suggested 1 timer per lane
- times will only count for local, no National qual times
- WEAR A MASK OR SHIELD!!!! (starter brings it down to say TYM and ref for blowing whistle)
If you have ANY questions, please contact Sandy Drake.