July 21, 2020
We wanted to let everyone know that Illinois Swimming will begin sanctioning events again on August 1, 2020. There is a new sanction application available on the Illinois Swimming website. The application is different than the previous version and complies with the new guidelines and rules established by USA Swimming and Illinois Swimming. This will be the only sanction application accepted in the Illinois Swimming office.
- All events, including time trials, will require a meet announcement.
- In addition to the normal
sanction information, this announcement will need to
- A statement of the Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines and protocols, or local guidelines, whichever is more restrictive, and a plan for implementing those guidelines and protocols.
- A statement outlining the plan for ingress and egress from the facility, the use of locker rooms and any other facility restrictions in place.
- The number of individuals gathering in each area of the facility including all spaces, and a statement on how social distancing will be enforced.
- A statement of the Safe Sport considerations to ensure parents have access to and the ability to observe their child.
- The mandatory disclaimer language for the meet packet, and an agreement that the language will appear in the heat sheets.
- All meets must be pre-seeded, and no deck entries will be allowed.
- All athlete and non-athlete members attending the meet must be in compliance with the electronic waiver policy established by the Illinois Swimming Board of Directors.
- For events occurring after September 1, 2020, the sanction application must be received by the Illinois Swimming staff no fewer than 30 days prior to the meet, or in the circumstance of a one-team time trial, no fewer than 14 days in advance. Pre-meet recon files must be to the ISI Office no fewer than 5 business days prior to the sanctioned event. This will allow us to meet the added administrative burdens of the meet in a timely way.