Break and Practice Times
Due to the prolonged closure of the
pool over the summer, we will not be taking our full two-week end
of summer break. We will instead take only the first several days
of the school year off: There will be no practices for any groups
Thursday, August 6th through Monday, August 10th.
Upon return from the short break,
the practice schedule will be modified to accommodate school
hours. Except for Gold/Platinum, there will continue to be only one
group in the water at a time. Below are the practice times
beginning August 11th and extending through August, or until
3:30 - 4:45 PM,
7:45 - 9:00 AM, Saturday
Silver Early (former
4:45 - 5:40 PM,
5:40 - 6:20 PM,
6:30 - 7:10 PM,
Blue 1 Monday &
Blue 2 Tuesday &
Silver Late (former
7:15 - 8:10 PM, Monday -
5:40 - 6:35 PM, Friday
*Silver swimmers will be
assigned to the same group (Early/Late) for which they are
currently swimming. If you would prefer to be assigned to the
opposite group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about
switching. We have limited group sizes, so these requests will be
handled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
New Practice Rules / COVID-19
In light of the current
restrictions and guidelines, there are a few new rules
that we must adopt to continue practices and they are as
1) If you have COVID-19, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been
around someone diagnosed with COVID-19, you will not be allowed to
- Some symptoms include fever and/or cough, please
consult the CDC
website for a comprehensive list (all employees will also
be screened each day).
2) Locker rooms will be closed,
except as needed for emergency restroom use only.
- Swimmers must arrive and leave in their
- Swimmers should enter the gate with their cap
already on, so as to limit person-to-person contact as much as
- Swimmers are encouraged to use the restroom
before coming to the pool.
- No more than one swimmer should use the restroom
facilities at a time.
3) Parents are not allowed on the
pool deck/within the fence.
- Parents are allowed to observe from outside of
the fence, but are encouraged to maintain 6 feet of separation from
other parents at all times.
- The bleachers outside of the fence are closed,
please do not sit on these.
- Parents are also permitted to wait in their
cars, if this is preferable.
- If you need to speak with a coach, please make
an appointment by emailing email@example.com
4) Parents should not leave the
location during practice.
- Swimmers will be required to leave the gate
immediately at the conclusion of practice, and will then be assumed
to be under their parent's supervision.
5) Swimmers will be given specific
instructions for maintaining appropriate distancing in the facility
during practice. Any swimmer who fails to comply with the
instructions given by their coach will be asked to leave
- There will be separate entry and exit
- Swimmers will not be allowed to enter the
designated entry gate until 5 minutes before their start
- Swimmers are expected to maintain 6’
distances both inside and outside of the gate. No
- The bleachers inside the gate will not be for
seating, these will only be used for swim bags and towels, and will
be sanitized between practice groups.
- During practice, swimmers will be given assigned
spots in a lane to maintain throughout the practice time. Members
of the same household will be allowed to share a place in the
6) Swimmers MUST bring their own
goggles, or they will not be permitted to swim. We will not be
loaning any goggles or allowing swimmers to share
- Swimmers are encouraged to bring their own
- If a swimmer does not have their own equipment,
there will be kick boards and pull buoys provided.
- There will be a drop off point for borrowed kick
boards and buoys, so that they can be sanitized.
- Fins and hand paddles will not be provided.
These items should not be needed for the first week. Email if you
would like equipment recommendations (Blue group swimmers do not
need fins and paddles).
- Each swimmer will have a designated spot to
store their equipment on the pool deck, but any personal equipment
should be very clearly labeled with your swimmer’s
- Equipment bags are not allowed to be left at the
pool after practice. If you have an equipment bag that was left at
the pool before the closure, it should be taken home after your
appreciate your cooperation and patience as we continue to navigate
practice amidst the current regulations and guidelines. We hope to
create an environment where everyone feels comfortable, while
having fun practicing with their teammates. If you have any
questions, please feel free to ask.
|Due to the time restraints placed on our
program by current restrictions and guidelines, we are unable to
schedule year-round swim lessons at this time. We will do our best
to resume lessons as soon as possible, and we have an email
subscription list to notify you when new classes are open for
registration. The email sign up list, as well as more information
on our lessons, can be found here.
A Note from the
We hope everyone has been enjoying their
return to training. We know that competition is a vital part of
sport in general, and a great motivator for our athletes. At this
time, there does not seem to be any easing of restrictions that
might allow us to return to regular competition in the foreseeable
future. We are working on alternative meet formats, so that
swimmers can begin racing and competing for times. These may be
intrasquad meets held during regular practice times, at first. We
appreciate your patience as we work out these details. We hope to
return to something normal soon.