August 5, 2020
Dear Athletes and Parents,
First, a big thank you to our families and swimmers for your support of our efforts to have our team a safe sport recognized team. I hope this note finds you all safe and well in these challenging times. This memo was originally intended to be distributed in early June but it was delayed with the onset of the pandemic. While many things are not business as usual, our commitment to Safe Sport remains intact.
- Go to https://learn.usaswimming.org
- Click on either “LOGIN” or “REGISTER”
If you are a USA Swimming member (athlete or official), click on “START”
If you are a non-member (parent), click on “CREATE ACCOUNT”
Follow the steps according to whether you are a member or nonmember:
LSC= Tahoe Swim Club (TSC)
You may be asked to update your profile (enter your email, LSC and club name.)
You will be told your profile has been updated and you may move to other pages. Look at the bar at the top of the screen:
You will see a number of courses available.
- If you are an athlete, under “Safe Sport for Athletes” click “ADD TO CART”
- If you are a parent, under “Safe Sport for Swim Parents” click “ADD TO CART”
It will display a checkmark, and say “IN CART”
Click on the shopping cart at the top righthand of the screen and “CHECKOUT”.
You will be required to enter your name and address, but NOT billing information. There is no charge.
- Click “Next Step”
- On the next screen, click “Place Order”
- Now go to “DASHBOARD” and “START” your course.
- Click “Next” to proceed from segment to segment. The course takes about 10 minutes.
- If you have any questions, contact me or contact USA Swimming Safe Sport at email@example.com.
Answer the Course Evaluation at the end. Click “SUBMIT” and you will receive a congratulatory message, indicating that you have completed the Safe Sport course.
You are encouraged to (but not required to) take additional courses.
Most importantly, remember what you have learned, and make sure to speak up if you ever hear or see anything that breaks the rules you have just learned.
Thank you to everyone for your help with this matter! Please let me know if you have any questions.
-Tahoe Swim Club Coaches