August 17, 2020
Welcome to the fall season of RUSH! We so appreciate all the support you've given to us over the last 5 months throughout this craziness. We're super excited to have our swimmers back in the water, and we're especially grateful that swimming, unlike many other sports, can offer a safe way for our athletes to practice and improve their skills and conditioning. As with the summer, we're making every effort to provide a safe environment for all swimmers and coaches during our "new normal." (See below for more about our health and safety guidelines.)
Registration for the upcoming season will open up for returning swimmers and their families tomorrow morning at 7:00am.
Registration for new swimmers
will open up on Thursday, August 20th, at 7:00am.
*Where space is available
- Click on START REGISTRATION
*** Do not log-in to your account it has been closed ***
The Fall schedule will
start on August 31st
* This will ensure we have enough time to properly prepare for all of the new procedures and process all registrations. So sorry for the delay!
Stingrays: Tuesdays and
* for swimmers who can swim 25m freestyle*
Bronze 1: Mondays and
* All swimmers that require their own lanes. This is the only option for those who need their swimmer to have their own lane.
Bronze 2: Tuesdays and
* swimmers who can swim all 4 strokes legally*
Silver 1: Tuesdays and
* swimmers who are new to silver group 1 or fewer years*
Silver 2: Monday, Wednesday
and Friday 4:30-5:30p
* advanced silver group. Those who have been in silver for 2+ years and are working towards gold group*
Gold: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:15-7:45p & Saturdays 9:00-11:00a
Seniors: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 5:30-7:30p and Saturdays 7:00-9:00a
I've sent an
individual email to each of you with the practice group that your
swimmer(s) will be assigned to for the Fall
Important Notes and Safety Guidelines:
- We will be running practices from both ends of the pool. Siblings will share a lane whenever possible.
- Stingrays will have 2 swimmers per lane (one swimmer at each end of the pool)
- Bronze 1 will have 1 swimmer per lane
- All other groups will have 3
swimmers per lane.
The setup will be the following:
- Swimmer 1 at deep end of the lane
- Swimmer 2 at shallow end of the pool
- Swimmer 3 at shallow end flags.
This setup will keep all swimmers 6 feet apart while resting.
- Swimmers should wear a mask while entering and exiting the pool
- Swimmers should remain at least 6 feet apart while on deck
- Swimmers should come ready to swim -- no changing in the restrooms either before or after practice.
- We'll release swimmers from the pool in a staggered fashion to avoid crowding during the exit. We'll end each practice with sufficient time to clear the pool before swimmers from the next practice arrive.
- Coaches will wear masks while within 6 feet of swimmers
- Parents are welcome to come into the pool area to see the setup but are asked not to stay. We have to limit the number of people in the pool area, and chairs will not be available for parents due to sanitation procedures.