August 25, 2020
Dear Swimmers and Parents,
I hope this message finds everyone well. I know many of you are getting anxious to get back into the water and get swim team up and running, I can assure you - so am I!
In my recent talks with the Y, we are looking at a start date after Labor Day. The schedule is still getting finalized, but will keep you informed when I have that information.
Some notes with swim team practices:
1) Practices will be happening after 5 PM at night. Groups have the possibility of starting at 7 or 8:15 at night.
2) Practices will be closed to parents. We have to keep under a certain number in the building at any one time. You may just be dropping off your swimmer and coming back to pick-up from out front.
3) Locker rooms may not be available. Your swimmer will need to come in their swimsuit and leave in their swimsuit (sweats are great for this). We will have the bleachers marked off for social distancing to put their bags on.
4) Practice groups will be limited. Due to social distancing and lane space we will not be able to swim as deep as we normally do. Swimmers that fulfilled their agreement will have priority.
i) Competed in the 2019-2020 season
ii) Swam in 3 closed YMCA meets
iii) Swam at Districts
iv) Does not have any outstanding balances for swim team at the Y.
** We will do our best to accommodate all our swimmers**
5) Swimmers will have to go through a check-in every practice including temperature checks and questions regarding any recent travel and their current health in regards to Covid-19.
6) Payments will be on a monthly basis. Waitlists will be created so if a spot opens on the team, we will be able to move that swimmer off the waitlist and onto the team.
The YMCA and Blue Marlins' first priority is to make sure we are providing a safe environment for our swimmers and our coaches. The Y is being extra cautious as we are watching numbers rise again across the state. This is still a very fluid situation and we do not want to be in the position of having to cancel more of this season and the Y closing again.
I appreciate your patience as we finalize this upcoming season. It will not be what we are used to seeing for practice and practice schedules, but there will be team.
I hope everyone has had a wonderful summer and look forward to seeing everyone shortly!