September 15, 2020
Great News! SKY practice will be returning to the dome starting Monday, 9/21/20. However, we will be required to follow all safety guidelines required by USA Swimming and Bowling Green city schools. I will be posting practice times on Thursday, September 27th. Listed below ae the guidelines for swimmers, coaches, and parents. Thanks, Coach Dee
ENTRY and EXIT PROCEDURES
- Bathrooms will be limited to 2 swimmers at a time. Locker rooms in pool area will be closed
- Athletes may not enter the facility early.
- Swimmers will enter pool area through the doors by the arena parking lot. Each swimmer will have their tempature checked by entering the building. All swimmers must exit the pool area through the doors leading into school hallway.
- When entering and exiting, all individuals must maintain appropriate social distancing of at least six feet.
- Athletes will enter and exit through designated areas.
- Entries and exits will be marked with signs reminding all individuals to maintain appropriate safety protocols.
- An assigned coach or staff member shall survey athletes and coaches entering the facility. If they are symptomatic in any way, the athlete or coach will not be permitted to enter the facility. Symptoms include mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC – see daily entry survey.
- Athletes must leave with swimsuit on.
- Athletes must shower at home.
- Athletes may not congregate after practice.
- A 15-minute block between sessions will be scheduled. The 15-minute block will be designated to disinfect the area before the next group of swimmers enters the facility.
- One parent per swim family may enter the facility.
- Parent must wear a mask while in facillity
- Parents must maintain proper social distancing protocol.
- Parents may not use locker rooms or water fountains.
- Parents who do not enter the building may not exit their cars and congregate in the parking lot.
PPE FOR COACHES AND STAFF
Southern Kentucky Swim Club will
- provide coaches with appropriate PPE equipment and
- provide coaches with up-to-date education and training on COVID-19 risk factors and protective behaviors (e.g., cough etiquette and care of PPE).
PPE will be
- consistently and properly worn when required,
- regularly inspected, maintained, and replaced, as necessary, and
- Properly removed, cleaned, and stored or disposed of, as applicable, to avoid contamination of self, others, or the environment.
PREPARING TO SWIM
- Swimmers and coaches must wash their hands with a disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer) or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, upon entering the facility.
- Swimmers may not share equipment.
- Swimmers must bring a full water bottle labeled with his/her name. Water fountains will not be accessible to anyone.
- Swimmers must use their personal equipment only.
- Avoid touching gates, fences, benches, etc. if possible.
- Swimmers must maintain 6’ distance between each other.
- Swimmers and coaches must follow directions for spacing and stay at least six feet apart. On-deck instruction and discussions are prohibited if appropriate distancing may not be maintained in doing so.
- All parties on deck must not make physical contact with others, such as shaking hands or giving a high five.
- Athletes must avoid sharing drinks or towels.
- Athletes and coaches must maintain social distancing when taking a break.
- Athletes/coaches who begin to cough/sneeze for any reason, must move away from others until coughing/sneezing dissipates.
- Social distancing layouts - see attached.
Examples: staggered starts, opposite ends, number of swimmers per lane, communication with athletes, stations, markers visible to athletes for start and stop points, (e.g., visible spacing marks on pool deck, on lane lines, etc.), coaches on both ends of the pool if feasible.