Doggie Update 9/23/2020 Important, Please Read!

September 23rd, 2020

Good Afternoon Bulldogs,

I hope this note finds everyone healthy and well.  It’s definitely been a challenging six months for the Bulldog Aquatic Club.  Despite our best efforts to get all our swimmers back into the pool for the month of September, we unfortunately are unable to secure indoor pool space for October forward.  Northville Public Schools has indicated they will not rent the high school pool until Michigan moves to Phase 5.  Livonia Public Schools has not given a definitive timeline but has suggested later in the year.

The current September session continues through Saturday October 3rd.  Beginning Sunday October 4th, BAC will essentially go “On Pause”.  Our intent is to place all financial and membership aspects of the club on pause until as a club we are able to rent an indoor pool and resume indoor swimming.  While this is not ideal, it will allow us the opportunity to remain financially secure, rebuild our membership in the future, and continue this great swim club within our community.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail and I will do my best to respond promptly.  I would encourage each of you to consider becoming part of our Board of decision makers and take an active role in ensuring the future success of BAC once we resume.  Please reach out to me directly for additional information on this if interested.  On a final note, I appreciate your dedication to our team as parents and swimmers.  Hang in there, 2020 is almost behind us!

Go Bulldogs!